A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Witch Hazle Help which ones are posionous {save} - January 18th, 2007 at 12:22 PM
howdy yall i need help,can anyone tell me if any of the following plants are posionous? i have a small child that i dont want to get sick!

Arabian coffee plant
China Doll
Neanthe Bella Palm
Nepthytis "Cream Allusion"

Thank you Duh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Help which ones are posionous {save} - January 18th, 2007 at 12:42 PM
check out the cornell university poisonous plants database

and here's one from penn state
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Help which ones are posionous {save} - January 18th, 2007 at 12:46 PM
Toxic plants
Posted By: Witch Hazle Re: Help which ones are posionous {save} - January 18th, 2007 at 11:51 PM
thanks for the links..i did'nt see the names of any of the plants i posted about that does'nt mean they are'nt posionous, can anyone answer me for sure? idea
Posted By: Frann Re: Help which ones are posionous {save} - January 22nd, 2007 at 10:39 PM
As far as I know, your Arabian coffee plant should be just fine -- a friend of mine, originally from India, tells me that the coffee leaves themselves can be dried and roasted, then ground and used as a coffee substitute.

I don't know if it's the same plant, but I think the botanical plant name of China doll is 'Radermachera' .. if so, it's generally safe to ingest, tho not recommended.

Here's also a site that lists plants that are non-toxic to pets ... if they're safe for our furry & feathered companions, they should be alright for us too ..

Plants & Pets - Non-Toxic Listing

Frann
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Help which ones are posionous {save} - January 23rd, 2007 at 05:39 AM
this thread should probably be stickied!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Help which ones are posionous {save} - January 23rd, 2007 at 11:07 PM
Originally posted by joclyn:
this thread should probably be stickied!
thumbup done!
Posted By: ms.tmac Re: Help which ones are posionous {save} - March 15th, 2007 at 11:21 PM
Try just going to google site and typing in lists of Poisonous Plants ??????
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]