A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: cess501 Oxalis bulbs - January 13th, 2007 at 09:23 PM
I am looking for yellow oxalis bulbs. I planted some years ago but have since moved and would like more. They were not the "weed" type of oxalis. They made a nice little mound of shamrock leaves with tall buttercup yellow blooms and bloomed in my area during the winter months and disappeared when it got too hot. If anyone knows a source I'd appreciate the info.

Your e-mail address has been removed for your protection
Posted By: alankhart Re: Oxalis bulbs - January 13th, 2007 at 10:12 PM
I know of 3 different yellow types of oxalis:

oxalis stricta
oxalis grandis
oxalis corniculata

I don't know if yours is one of these, but you can do a search to see if one looks similar. I don't have a source for any of them, though.
Posted By: cess501 Re: Oxalis bulbs - January 14th, 2007 at 02:30 AM
Thanks for that info. Maybe someone else will know a source.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Oxalis bulbs - January 24th, 2007 at 08:18 PM
theres some yellow ones in here web page
Posted By: cess501 Re: Oxalis bulbs - January 24th, 2007 at 08:52 PM
Thanks for that info. I had been in contact with them already. Theirs is not the one I was looking for. My bulbs cost about 10-15 cents each. Hers were much more expensive being a new hybrid.
Posted By: herbalyn Re: Oxalis bulbs - February 8th, 2007 at 05:56 AM
Try checking with a local garden center that sells houseplants. I buy burgandy oxalis plants at my garden center and with St. Patrick's Day coming up you might have luck finding the plant variety you're looking for. The nursery might be able to special order. When my burgandy oxalis died back in later summer there must have been 20-30 bulblets in the pot. I recall paying maybe $3.50 for the plant. Just an idea in case you have a problem locating bulbs.
Posted By: cess501 Re: Oxalis bulbs - February 8th, 2007 at 12:59 PM
Thanks but I've done that. They tell me that they don't have a reliable source this year. I'm striking out on all counts!
Posted By: margaret e. pell Re: Oxalis bulbs - March 8th, 2007 at 03:20 PM
This is where I have gotten my oxalis from: http://www.telosrarebulbs.com/ I never knew there were so many kinds. Good luck finding what you want.
Posted By: cess501 Re: Oxalis bulbs - March 8th, 2007 at 03:30 PM
Thanks a bunch. I'll certainly give that a try.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]