A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: rivvers quinault strawberries ? - January 17th, 2007 at 07:42 AM
never heard of these before, i just bought 18 plants and have them planted and on thier way.. Im growing these hydroponicly. was just wondering if anyone has grown these before and can give me some insight, also are they tasty?...

anyway thanks for the help
rivvers
Posted By: Bill Re: quinault strawberries ? - January 17th, 2007 at 07:57 AM
Strawberries... yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I grow Quinaults. They are everbearing, huge and delicious!
Posted By: rivvers Re: quinault strawberries ? - January 17th, 2007 at 08:04 AM
sweet thanks....cant wait
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: quinault strawberries ? - January 17th, 2007 at 02:15 PM
Quinalts are the only ones I'll grow.
They're super sweet, soft, and the fun part-the runners fruit unplanted !
One thing I have noticed which may or may not be limited to Quinalts, is that if planted too closely, a gray fuzzy fungus will appear.
If that happens, I cut off the affected leaves and fruits.
Quinalts seem to be prone to this, and when I grew other varities of strawberries, none seemed affected by fungus at all.
Bill, what do you think and have you seen this fungus in your Quinalts?
Posted By: Bill Re: quinault strawberries ? - January 17th, 2007 at 02:54 PM
I get the grey mold during wet periods and grey days, but if I prop the berries up off the ground it seems to solve the problem. I've never grown any other varieties because I started with two dozen Quinaults and have never had to buy another plant... not that I would buy another variety if I did have to buy more. I only keep about 25 plants because they produce more than my guests and myself can usually eat!
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: quinault strawberries ? - January 18th, 2007 at 01:24 PM
I know what you mean-I don't even look at any other variety.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]