A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Meg Not a complete mystery... - May 10th, 2005 at 04:12 PM
It's an ivy, of some kind. laugh My husband's grandmother gave me two small clippings about a year or so ago, and I rooted them in a glass of water, then planted them. I just don't know for sure, what kind of ivy it is. wink Pretty tho!

[Linked Image]

Meg
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Not a complete mystery... - May 10th, 2005 at 04:16 PM
Looks like Pothos to me, Meg.

Dianna
Posted By: phoenix Re: Not a complete mystery... - May 10th, 2005 at 04:25 PM
thumbup defiinately pothos (the easiest houseplant to care for) grinnnn
Posted By: Meg Re: Not a complete mystery... - May 10th, 2005 at 04:31 PM
Thank you both, very much!! (It would have to be easiest for me to not kill it!) laugh

Meg
Posted By: RugbyHukr Re: Not a complete mystery... - May 11th, 2005 at 01:37 AM
It is sometimes referred to as 'devils ivy' pothos
Posted By: pcgrav Re: Not a complete mystery... - May 12th, 2005 at 08:38 PM
Meg,
Watch the canes and you will see that after a while the "joints" below the leaves will start to produce little black looking "bumps" these are roots. You can clip it about half a section below one of these "joints" and place it in water in a sunny window to root more if you like. It really is easy to take care of. It will also "cry" for you. If it gets too dry sometimes you can look real close and see a "teardrop" on the tip of a leaf.
By-the-way-- be sure to turn your pot around a half turn so that it will grow evenly on both sides or you'll end up with heavy growth on one side and thin on the other... (I did that one time, took me forever to get it evened out so it would look full all over)
Posted By: Meg Re: Not a complete mystery... - May 12th, 2005 at 11:45 PM
hey pc, thanks for the info. I did know about the cutting & rooting... that's how I got it in the first place.. grandma in law gave it to me last year.

I have seen the "tears" before, but never heard it called that before..lol. I also didn't realize that was a signal that it needed watering. Cool!

I do have it in front of my kitchen window.. and it seems to like it there.
Meg
Posted By: pcgrav Re: Not a complete mystery... - May 13th, 2005 at 03:07 AM
thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]