A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Joni_P Help ! Daffodils cold resistant ? - March 17th, 2007 at 11:05 PM
ok I am new to this and last fall planted Daffodil bulbs, well we had a nice warm streak of 60's and low 70's for about 4 days and it melted all the snow etc but then last nite we had about 1/2 inch of snow fall, it's all melted already, it was a very wet snow almost slushy ~ i went out today just to tidy up the yard & seen I have some of my Daffodils already sprouting out of the ground !!! shk Will they be ok or did the snow just kill them ? Are they pretty cold tolerant ? Anything I should/could do now to help them ?

Thanks for any input....
Posted By: porter57 Re: Help ! Daffodils cold resistant ? - March 17th, 2007 at 11:21 PM
if they are just sprouting,they should be fine.
if they were well on thier way ,they might be stunted.
Posted By: Joni_P Re: Help ! Daffodils cold resistant ? - March 17th, 2007 at 11:28 PM
no they are only like maybe 1/2 inch up ?
Posted By: porter57 Re: Help ! Daffodils cold resistant ? - March 17th, 2007 at 11:55 PM
they should be ok!!
Posted By: Joni_P Re: Help ! Daffodils cold resistant ? - March 18th, 2007 at 12:19 AM
ok thank you smile

Joni
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Help ! Daffodils cold resistant ? - March 18th, 2007 at 02:08 AM
your daffs should be perfect! mine bloomed in the middle of one of our worst freezes! they are all spent now, but they were nice while they lasted.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]