A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Thornius RSPB Feedercam - January 30th, 2007 at 01:03 PM
Here is another favorite birdfeeder cam (besides Jane's). This one is actually a group of three cameras set at different locations in the U.K. It is run by the RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds), The United Kingdom's equivalent of the National Audubon Society. Here is the link to the site:

RSPB Feedercams

This site can be viewed from about midnight until 11:00 AM Central Standard Time since they are in England and therefore 6-7 hours ahead of the time on the East coast of the U.S.

They have some different birds than we do. Here is a picture I took this morning from their camera in Cambridgeshire. It shows, in the upper-left corner a bird called a Great Tit. This bird looks like a Chickadee in drag, which is not surprising since it is a VERY close relative to our Chickadees and Titmouses. Sorta like a cross between a Chickadee and a parakeet.

GREAT TIT
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: RSPB Feedercam - January 30th, 2007 at 02:09 PM
Very cool, thorny!
I am checking out the woodland_feed - What is in that feeder... fruit loops???
Posted By: Anonymous Re: RSPB Feedercam - January 30th, 2007 at 02:12 PM
thorny,
Have you seen the birdcam with the white owls (I don't know what kind). It's in their nest and it shows how they had their babies and all?

I don't remember how I found the link - was it from the bird forum? Do you know the cam I am talking about?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: RSPB Feedercam - January 30th, 2007 at 02:15 PM
opps... I think I found the owls myself at cornell's website --- you can get to through cornell's bird site or go to http://www.theowlcam.com/
Posted By: Thornius Re: RSPB Feedercam - January 30th, 2007 at 02:21 PM
I think in England they feed a lot of shelled peanuts and perhaps Safflower seed or shelled Black Oil Sunflower Seed.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: RSPB Feedercam - January 30th, 2007 at 02:24 PM
I don't know how to get the picture but the abernethy feeder shure looks like fruit loops to me!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: RSPB Feedercam - January 30th, 2007 at 02:42 PM
clp clp good one!!
Posted By: Thornius Re: RSPB Feedercam - January 30th, 2007 at 05:17 PM
The Abernathy Feeder is MY favorite. They have the Greater Spotted Woodpecker and the native and now disappearing British Red Squirrel. The fruit loops thingies are popular with the squirrels there.
Posted By: Thornius Re: RSPB Feedercam - January 30th, 2007 at 05:19 PM
To store the pictures on THESE cameras you right click on the picture and choose the option to save the picture (or however the MAC does it).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: RSPB Feedercam - January 30th, 2007 at 05:38 PM
LOL... I entered the MAC world. - mac hell as it's known here. Lesson #1 there is no right click!
Posted By: Thornius Re: RSPB Feedercam - January 30th, 2007 at 06:40 PM
I have NEVER used a MAC (and don't WANT to.) I grew up on PC's and am too old to learn a NEW trick.
Posted By: Thornius Re: RSPB Feedercam - January 30th, 2007 at 06:42 PM
Jane, Check your manual on how to copy/save pictures from the internet to your hard drive. OR you can check online guides or forums on how to do it with a MAC.
Posted By: dodge Re: RSPB Feedercam - January 30th, 2007 at 11:52 PM
thorn,

All I do is click on the photo to copy.
Then I save it in one of my Office pages,,,,,I can peek at it any time..

ters
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]