A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Hannah L--- Ordering veggies/fruit - January 3rd, 2007 at 03:49 AM
I was wondering, Has anyone ordered from Nourse Farms, or Gurney's? If you have, have you been satisfied with what you ordered? I am looking to order from these places, and thought I'd check around first. Thanks-Hannah
Posted By: obywan59 Re: Ordering veggies/fruit - January 3rd, 2007 at 03:01 PM
I ordered Earliglow and Sparkle strawberries and Bristol black raspberries from Nourse Farms last spring. I had 100% survival of all varieties. I've had no problems at all except for some creature chewing off most of the strawberry leaves this fall. mad I've since fenced them in, so hopefully that problem is solved.
Posted By: elkwc36 Re: Ordering veggies/fruit - January 8th, 2007 at 08:42 AM
I've ordered from Gurney's for several years. I've always had good service till the last few years. I still order sweet corn I can't get anywhere else from them and that is about all.
Posted By: 'Sparagus Re: Ordering veggies/fruit - January 10th, 2007 at 01:02 AM
Hmmm.....well, I am planning on ordering from Gurney's this year, but did have an issue last year. I had given the wrong expiration date on my credit card, and by the time they called me about it, some of the things I ordered were out of stock.

Somehow Im giving them the benefit of the doubt. I am browsing through their catalog now, and Im going to try to take advantage of the extra $25 worth of stuff for ordering early!
Posted By: Sorellina Re: Ordering veggies/fruit - January 18th, 2007 at 12:20 AM
Johnny's Selected Seeds, Cook's Gardens, and Seed Savers Exchange are excellent catalogues to consider as well.

For tomatoes, Tomato Growers Supply, Sandhill Preservation, and Baker Creek are good ones.
Posted By: johnCT Re: Ordering veggies/fruit - January 18th, 2007 at 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Sorellina:

For tomatoes, Tomato Growers Supply, Sandhill Preservation, and Baker Creek are good ones.
Ciao Sorellina! Don't forget Victory Seeds. wink
Posted By: Sorellina Re: Ordering veggies/fruit - January 18th, 2007 at 11:05 PM
Victory, rightie right. I love Victory for their selection of dwarf or really small determinate varieties. They've got a fair number of the Livingston varieties as well, for those people who want to grow tomatoes that taste like they did in the 1800's.
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: Ordering veggies/fruit - January 18th, 2007 at 11:11 PM
So good to see new posts in Fruits and Veggies ! Come on, spring !!!
Posted By: rickanddebrah Re: Ordering veggies/fruit - January 19th, 2007 at 02:05 AM
I just placed an order with Gurneys. This is our first time ordering from them. Hope it turns out o.k.
Posted By: Hannah L--- Re: Ordering veggies/fruit - January 20th, 2007 at 12:15 AM
I placed an order on monday with Gurneys, and recieved my seeds today. Oh I just can't wait...
Posted By: redneckinwayz Re: Ordering veggies/fruit - January 22nd, 2007 at 12:24 AM
I have always had good expieience's with Gurnsey's.

I love that 25 Dollar off coupon, and will take advantage of it to purchace more strawberries.

I recommend them highly.
Posted By: Amigatec Re: Ordering veggies/fruit - January 22nd, 2007 at 01:14 AM
Gurnsey's and Henry Fields are the same company.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]