A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: MinnesotaGirlie 4 kinds of plants to identify! - May 18th, 2006 at 12:42 AM
Hello everyone!! Spring has gotten into full swing in Minnesota, so it's time for me to ask for some help from you guys! I've got 4 plants that I need help with thumbup

Plant #1 - some type of vine?? it sure has pretty leaves!
[Linked Image]

Plant #1
[Linked Image]

Plant #2 - a weird leafy type of clump... it has the strangest looking leaves and I don't remember it flowering last year, but it seems to be a bigger clump this year.
[Linked Image]

Plant #2 - close-up of leaves
[Linked Image]

Plant #3 - kinda cute with thin, velvety leaves
[Linked Image]

Plant #4 - a type of phlox, but which one??
[Linked Image]

Plant #4 - side view... the leaves appear to be opposite towards the bottom of the stem, but begin to alternate toward the top. I have 4 of these growing, however this one was the biggest, measuring 33 inches tall! the others are probably less than 2 feet tall.
[Linked Image]

Any help or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated.... I rent this home but I'd like to compile a list of plants on the property so that future tenants do not have to go through this identifying thing... and perhaps they could take care of these plants properly (I hope!) I'm not moving anytime soon, just thinking of the future and trying to take care and make the most of Nature's creations!! Ya'll have a great day!!
Posted By: Marina Re: 4 kinds of plants to identify! - May 18th, 2006 at 09:49 AM
I am not sure about the rest but the first one looks an awfuf lot like my beans. I am not sure if thats a possiblity but my bush means looked exactly like that when they were that size.

smile
Posted By: netty Re: 4 kinds of plants to identify! - May 18th, 2006 at 11:57 AM
#1 could be morning glory
#2 looks like Gazania
Posted By: dfrench200 Re: 4 kinds of plants to identify! - May 18th, 2006 at 02:33 PM
#2 also kinda looks like Coreopsis of some sort. But if you said it didnt bloom last year then I dont know...
#3 looks like a weed that I frequently pull out of my garden... wink
Posted By: dfrench200 Re: 4 kinds of plants to identify! - May 18th, 2006 at 03:30 PM
Here is a link to IDing #3
http://www.rce.rutgers.edu/weeds/weed.asp?lambsquarters
Posted By: cs Re: 4 kinds of plants to identify! - May 18th, 2006 at 08:49 PM
#1 looks like some sort of weed that we get in Alberta. I found if they are not pulled while small, they like to wrap around other plants and are quite hard to remove.
Posted By: dodge Re: 4 kinds of plants to identify! - May 21st, 2006 at 12:37 PM
They all look like weeds to me>

hope I am wrong.

dodge
Posted By: preciousgreenfingers Re: 4 kinds of plants to identify! - May 22nd, 2006 at 03:49 AM
#1 looks like beans
#3 looks like a weed resembling an aubergine plant with small purple flowers
Posted By: tkhooper Re: 4 kinds of plants to identify! - May 22nd, 2006 at 12:14 PM
Number 3 is a weed that someone sent me in a seed trade lol. I had it planted in a container and boy was my neighbor laughing at me. I even started it inside lol.
Posted By: dodge Re: 4 kinds of plants to identify! - May 22nd, 2006 at 01:39 PM
tkhooper

You poor dear......Some are evil on here.

Sad to say. However 99 percent are nice
dodge .like you
Posted By: dodge Re: 4 kinds of plants to identify! - May 22nd, 2006 at 01:40 PM
tkhooper

You poor dear......Some are evil on here.

Sad to say. However 99 percent are nice
dodge .like you
Posted By: Sir Ts Princess Re: 4 kinds of plants to identify! - May 22nd, 2006 at 01:43 PM
Oh my! You got sent a weed in a seed trade...I'd be majorly TICKED!! Eww, but it is true...MOST of us are nice. smile
Posted By: weezie13 Re: 4 kinds of plants to identify! - June 10th, 2006 at 12:34 AM
#1. Morning Glories
#2. Red Sorrel
#3. Lamb's Quarters
#4.
Posted By: dodge Re: 4 kinds of plants to identify! - June 10th, 2006 at 02:33 AM
Me thinks all weeds except number 2.. Daisy.

dodge
Posted By: Christina68 Re: 4 kinds of plants to identify! - June 11th, 2006 at 03:02 AM
#1 could it be a 4'o clock?
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]