A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: MaryReboakly daylily ~ Hemerocallis fulva - June 29th, 2005 at 06:17 AM
Okay, I feel kinda silly...about my lily
Heh Im a poet and I didn't know it.
Okay, sorry, it must be the heat.

So I had these lilies come up, and my SIL told me I had surprise lilies in that area over the winter, so naturally, I thought they were surprise lilies when they came up...but then I realized that they weren't. What are they?

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: RugbyHukr Re: daylily ~ Hemerocallis fulva - June 29th, 2005 at 07:42 AM
Hemerocallis fulva google page of pics
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: daylily ~ Hemerocallis fulva - June 29th, 2005 at 08:10 AM
Ohhhhhh! so THAT's a daylily (blush) Thanks!
Posted By: MissJamie Re: daylily ~ Hemerocallis fulva - June 29th, 2005 at 02:02 PM
hey those are growing wild all over the place down here! I'm gonna dig some up and put them up in my yard they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: LMT Re: daylily ~ Hemerocallis fulva - June 29th, 2005 at 04:33 PM
When the sun comes up I'll see the flowers outside my window.

Most people dismiss them as common. I say it's uncommon. It's orange!

Common, ditch weed, daylily.

I like them.
Posted By: mike57 Re: daylily ~ Hemerocallis fulva - June 29th, 2005 at 07:49 PM
they look great they will multiply evry year and you can devide them abought evry 3 years and then you will have even more of them.i love them i have them all over my property there beutifull lillys.your friend in gardening.mike57
Posted By: Carly Re: daylily ~ Hemerocallis fulva - July 10th, 2005 at 06:46 PM
I have orange ones here and there - they're not doing a lot right now though - I've had only two blooms this year - everybody else has those.

They bloom rampantly in our neighbourhood - it's lily haven around here.

I just call 'em The tigers.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]