A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: gconn77 Need Help With Plant ID - August 7th, 2005 at 09:55 PM
Hello everyone. I just registered this evening. Glad to find this place.

I have two plants that I want to identify. Please review the photos below and let me know. You can click each photo for a larger full size view if needed. I have a total of FOUR photos on display. Plants #1, #2, and #3... I believe are identical.
Plant #1:
[Linked Image]

Details: I purchased four of these plants about three days ago from Wal-Mart. I went again and re-potted them into a 4 inch clay pot with that has a drain hole on the bottom.

Plant #2:
[Linked Image]

Details: This plant is about three years old. I received the plant from a friend of my father's during his funeral.

Plant #3:
[Linked Image]

Details: This plant is about three years old. I received the plant from a friend of my father's during his funeral.

Plant #4:
[Linked Image]

Details: I purchased this plant a few days ago at Wal-Mart. I re-potted in into a 6 inch clay pot with a drain hole on the bottom.

I really look forward to hearing from you guys! Thanks four your help in advanced!
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Need Help With Plant ID - August 8th, 2005 at 01:25 AM
Hi gconn! Welcome to the forum! wink wavey

I believe #1-#3 is a rhododedron and #4 is a palm, though I'm not sure what specific type. I'm sure someone will be along that knows for sure wink
Posted By: Gardencrazy Re: Need Help With Plant ID - August 8th, 2005 at 01:27 AM
Howdy and Welcome! wavey

The first 3 are schefflera's and 4 is a palm. Maybe a parlour palm?

parlour palm and care

Donna flw
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Need Help With Plant ID - August 8th, 2005 at 01:35 AM
Ohhhh shocked Embarraskin laugh
Posted By: Carly Re: Need Help With Plant ID - August 8th, 2005 at 11:58 AM
Ha! I knew something - that's 'cause I got my first schleffera this year (had it identified here).
Posted By: topcat Re: Need Help With Plant ID - August 8th, 2005 at 12:02 PM
schefflera- is this the proper name for umbrella trees? cause #2 looks a lot like mine.
Posted By: obywan59 Re: Need Help With Plant ID - August 8th, 2005 at 12:37 PM
Yes, it is.
Posted By: gconn77 Re: Need Help With Plant ID - August 9th, 2005 at 02:45 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I am very pleased to have so many people eager to help. Thank you very much.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]