A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous I detest Eurpoean Starlings! - February 15th, 2007 at 11:04 PM
Hi all wavey
Well, finally our first snow storm since we started feeding birds. Everyday we've had a different flock of birds - Red-winged blackbirds(loved them), common grackles(dealt with them) and then today the nasty dreaded awful worst of all - European Starling. yucko! That stinky rotten disagreeable bird has the right name. I spend the whole day getting rid of them!

I strongly dislike European starlings. I'd show you pictures - but I think they look a lot cooler than they act - so I won't dignify them with photos.
Posted By: Thornius Re: I detest Eurpoean Starlings! - February 16th, 2007 at 12:20 AM
Errrm,they photograph well. lala
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: I detest Eurpoean Starlings! - February 16th, 2007 at 12:26 AM
Me too, Jane!
I've been chasing grackles and starlings away from the deck feeders alllll day! mad
Posted By: melcon6 Re: I detest Eurpoean Starlings! - February 16th, 2007 at 01:10 AM
$hitbirds!!!! mad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I detest Eurpoean Starlings! - February 16th, 2007 at 02:10 AM
I have a lot of grackles and starlings too....they don't bother me too much though....it's the pigeons I don't like. :p
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I detest Eurpoean Starlings! - February 16th, 2007 at 03:18 AM
Melcon... you said it!!

Loz, we have mourning doves - but if you as me that's just a fancy name another pigeon. They are ok, with me. I think of them like snails in a fishtank - they clean up all the leftovers. I have a few appealing pictures of them.

The european starlings are nothing like mourning doves. They were aggressive and nasty! I am ok with the grackles - in small numbers. But, the red-winged blackbirds were quite nice visitors
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]