A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: daysea help rescue my rescues!! - November 20th, 2006 at 10:04 PM
i have many rescue plants. i bring them home half dead, tlc, and they usually do well. except one. i noticed the leaves are turning yellow then brown on the ends. they are all indoor tropicals i think, but i cant find the name of this one. [the one time i throw something away...]i moved it to a new spot but it has not changed, and i cant bear to toss it out. my daughters think im nuts when i talk to the plants. this one just isnt happy and i dont know why. PLEAS HELP> does it need new dirt, container, ???????
Posted By: daysea Re: help rescue my rescues!! - November 20th, 2006 at 10:08 PM
description might help, duh...!! tall, three stalks. long leaves, dark green with light stripes the length of the leaves. tropical, for indoors. new leaves coming out the top center, but all the rest are turning yellow then brown, ...
Posted By: zuzu's petals Re: help rescue my rescues!! - November 21st, 2006 at 01:07 AM
Perhaps if we can confirm an ID, we can figure out what to do next.

It sounds to me like you are describing
Dracaena fragrans 'massangeana' (commonly called "Corn stalk plant" or "Corn plant")

Does this look like your plant?
Posted By: RugbyHukr Re: help rescue my rescues!! - November 25th, 2006 at 02:43 AM
i also thought of dracaena but dracaena Marginata
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]