A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Thornius New Bird Feeder Webcam Site - January 4th, 2007 at 01:20 AM
One of my friend in central Maryland (near Loz) JUST installed a new color webcam at her birdfeeders and wants people to come look. I checked it out this morning. It is amazing! Here is the link:

jjtiptop\'s bird webcam
Posted By: Thornius Re: New Bird Feeder Webcam Site - January 4th, 2007 at 01:25 AM
Here is a photo from her webcam.

Blue Jay with Peanut
[Linked Image]
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: New Bird Feeder Webcam Site - January 4th, 2007 at 01:49 AM
That is so cool....thanks for sharing thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Jimmyjojo Re: New Bird Feeder Webcam Site - January 5th, 2007 at 10:52 PM
I tried the link and it goes to the link-sys company. Is there another link to try, am I doing something wrong?
Posted By: Thornius Re: New Bird Feeder Webcam Site - January 6th, 2007 at 12:08 AM
You probably need to activate the activeX function. And I understand it only works using Internet Explorer.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Bird Feeder Webcam Site - January 7th, 2007 at 12:59 AM
This weather is beyond bizarre. It's 65 out there. It is 12pm on a January day and in the baltimore burbs and I can't lure any titmice to the feeder even with their most favorite treat - whole peanuts!! frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Bird Feeder Webcam Site - January 7th, 2007 at 01:52 AM
Wow, VERY cool Jane! I love these pics, keep 'em coming....

I'm looking forward to "real" spring so I can put my window feeder back in. thumbup

Although it's been freakishly warm lately huh?

60's again here today.
Posted By: Woodland Garden Re: New Bird Feeder Webcam Site - January 7th, 2007 at 06:46 AM
The bird cam is great clp

I took this pic when i was there today

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Thornius Re: New Bird Feeder Webcam Site - January 7th, 2007 at 07:07 AM
Ah, a Tufted Titmouse and Carolina Chickadee.
Posted By: dodge Re: New Bird Feeder Webcam Site - February 8th, 2007 at 01:20 AM
Thorn

DO you give them the whole pnut and make them shell it ?

That was cute.
Posted By: Thornius Re: New Bird Feeder Webcam Site - February 8th, 2007 at 02:36 AM
Blue Jays main diet IS nuts. They eat acorns in the wild and have evolved to take care of the shells. Get a bag of raw (or roasted) peanuts in the shell and put them on the ground or a platform Blue Jays (and squirrels) will LOVE you for it. Tufted Titmouses have a fondness for peanuts in the shell, too.

For a new nature cam to watch check out my thread here on AFRICAM!!!!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]