A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Faith Daffodil - February 13th, 2007 at 11:32 AM
It looks like a mini daffodil, except each stem also has 1/2 of a flower on it also. Looks like someone sliced it right down the middle. Kind of smells like a lilac.
I hope someone out there can help me identify this flower. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Daffodil - February 13th, 2007 at 12:51 PM
wavey Faith, is there any way that you could get a picture of it to share with us all, it would make things much easier as far as identification goes. thumbup
Posted By: Faith Re: Daffodil - February 13th, 2007 at 03:52 PM
I found these last year at an abandoned house. I will see what I can do about a pic in the next week or so...should be blooming by then.
Posted By: zuzu's petals Re: Daffodil - February 13th, 2007 at 04:10 PM
This sounds like Tete-a-tete Daffodil
an early blooming mini daff that tends to have 2 flowers on each stem.

I don't quite understand the "1/2 flower" thing,
unless it's the result of some damage or
maybe even a genetic mutation. Duh
Posted By: MLN Re: Daffodil - February 13th, 2007 at 04:47 PM
I with you Loz--I'd love to see a picture of this flower. I'm really curious to see what it looks like. Not sure I've ever seen anything like it frown
Posted By: herbalyn Re: Daffodil - February 15th, 2007 at 02:40 AM
The described daff does sound like Tete A Tete. My bed of Tete a Tete usually has three flowers per stem. This variety is popular for forcing. Look for them around Easter and make sure to take in the delicate fragrance.

In MI these are early blooming which means late March. Will be interested to learn of their bloom date in Texas.
Posted By: Carly Re: Daffodil - February 15th, 2007 at 06:46 PM
One half of a flower? A nasturtium does that, doesn't it?
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Daffodil - February 20th, 2007 at 01:14 PM
Any pictures yet on this one???????? Duh thumbup
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Daffodil - February 20th, 2007 at 05:17 PM
I was wondering what kind of daffodils I had in the basket of bulbs that I got for Valentine's day and now I think they must be tete-a-tete daffodils. They have small flowers and a lot of the stems have 2 flowers on them and I thought that was odd. Good to know! thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]