A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: RoseFishWatcher Started as a seed (spinach?) - January 1st, 2007 at 03:45 PM
Well, as soon as I found this forum I new I'd need this sooner or later. Guess it's sooner.

So, I was playing around, planning on planting a few basil seeds I found in a box. I was going to use a soil from a ziplock bag I'd set away. It was originally in some pots I had that I emptied out / moved the occupants. Can't recall.

To my surprise, when I opened it up there was a plant on the top!
[Linked Image]

Due to the position of the bag, it was getting a little light - not much. And the soil was moist, but just barely.

Instead of planting the basil, I planted this guy instead:

[Linked Image]

The reason I think it might be spinach is because I was trying to grow some from seed months ago, and that might be one of the pots I emptied into that bag. I can't remember what the young spinach plants looked like anymore.

Thoughts?
Posted By: kennyso Re: Started as a seed (spinach?) - January 1st, 2007 at 10:21 PM
I think it might be a bit too soon to tell, it might be easier with a few more leaves, maybe try the seed site and see if there is a pic of a spinach sprout?
Posted By: RugbyHukr Re: Started as a seed (spinach?) - January 7th, 2007 at 02:28 AM
need to see the first set of leaves after the cotyledons.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]