A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Amany Now that I've started Jades from leaves... - February 24th, 2007 at 02:54 AM
ok....

I've rooted a lot of jade cuttings. They're all doing well. Recently, though, I decided to propagate some jades from leaves. Jade Ovata and Silver Dollar Jades. They all have roots now, and two of them actually have little quarter inch plants coming from them. Now I'm a nervous mama!

I had assumed that the water from the starter leaves would sustain them for awhile. Am I right in that assumption? Or should I give them a little sip on occasion? Maybe when the starter leaves get a little soft or floppy? So far they look happy just being left alone. I want them to stay that way though.

Input would be appreciated!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Now that I've started Jades from leaves... - February 24th, 2007 at 03:15 AM
leave them alone, other than a half a sip once a month or so until the starter leaves have withered.
Posted By: Amany Re: Now that I've started Jades from leaves... - February 24th, 2007 at 03:26 AM
Thank you Jiffy! kissies I've grown attached to the little buggers.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Now that I've started Jades from leaves... - February 24th, 2007 at 01:19 PM
laugh it's amazing how that happens, isn't it!
Posted By: sandy113 Re: Now that I've started Jades from leaves... - March 11th, 2007 at 04:38 PM
what do a jade plant look like
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Now that I've started Jades from leaves... - March 11th, 2007 at 07:56 PM
sandy, jades are a think leaved succulent that is usually a deep green and very tolerant of neglect. they don't like being over loved (over watered or feed).

i'll try to find a pic for you.
Posted By: Amany Re: Now that I've started Jades from leaves... - March 12th, 2007 at 03:42 AM
Here's a link to some pictures on Google:

Jade (Crassula Ovata)
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Now that I've started Jades from leaves... - March 23rd, 2007 at 04:53 AM
Sandy, here is a picture of my Jade. I've had it for a little less than a year and got it as a tiny baby.
[Linked Image]
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]