A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: njoynit ROS seedlings - February 26th, 2007 at 02:26 PM
I've gotton some rose of sharon seedlings to sprout.I don't want to plant them in the yard this year cause My hubby is dangerous & I'm very sure if I planted them this year He'd either run them over.mow them over or the dogs would trample them if now eat them.How long should a qt pot hold them?

In case your wondering.These are white.I sowed some last year and one has survived.I planted it in a flowerbed.I plan to sow the remaining seeds as well and also have sown some double pink and pink red eye.I already have a bluebird ROS tree that was already here& a liliac burgandy center.bluebird actually blooms sooner and seems a better tree compared to the liliac.

I've never had luck with confederate rose seeds,but am trying the remaining seeds I have cause hurricane Rita took my tree and hubby ran over the 3 cuttings....didn't even stop when the container was lodged under the truck. Duh
Posted By: MLN Re: ROS seedlings - February 26th, 2007 at 06:14 PM
I dug up a ROS from my daughter's house last year. It was about 2 years old and only about 1 1/2 ft. tall. It didn't have a real extensive root system so I would guess you are safe to leave them in the qt. pots for this year. Just keep them away from hubby's truck laugh And the guys say women are bad drivers Duh laugh
Posted By: sibyl Re: ROS seedlings - March 4th, 2007 at 09:41 PM
thats why i weedwack around my flower beds myself! or my hubby would mow them over! perpl men! laugh
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]