A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: LandOfOz Pepper Emergency!! - March 1st, 2007 at 02:39 PM
Help! My 3 yr old was "helping" me water, and as I was refilling the cup, she pulled my very favorite pepper. (I could only get this one seed, out of maybe 20 to germinate.) mad eek Worse, was that we were done watering those and off to other plants. I didn't notice it for about a half hour. There is still an inch long (or so) root attached. THe plant is only about 1-2 inches tall, just growing it's first batch of true leaves. I repotted it, but will it live and bear peppers?? My poor baby!! laugh
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Pepper Emergency!! - March 1st, 2007 at 02:45 PM
Awwww, Sarah. Maybe she thought she was "weeding" for you...

I don't know what to tell you, but I would have re-potted it, too. I will be hoping for the best for you...
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Pepper Emergency!! - March 1st, 2007 at 03:05 PM
She said that she picked it for the kitty 'cause he wanted to eat it.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Pepper Emergency!! - March 1st, 2007 at 03:07 PM
laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: comfrey Re: Pepper Emergency!! - March 1st, 2007 at 03:12 PM
It probable will suffer so ill effects for being pulled up and replanted...Good Luck!!!
Posted By: johnCT Re: Pepper Emergency!! - March 1st, 2007 at 03:35 PM
Awww....how cute! Frustrating but cute. Sarah, my guess is it will be fine. if it has roots it should recover. just keep it well watered and lit.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Pepper Emergency!! - March 1st, 2007 at 06:37 PM
A lot less cute when it happens to YOUR favorite pepper. lol. Okay, so we'll pamper my pepper, hopefully it'll be okay. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Pepper Emergency!! - March 1st, 2007 at 10:12 PM
I'm crossing my fingers for you.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Pepper Emergency!! - March 1st, 2007 at 11:23 PM
Thanks.
Posted By: PAR_Gardener Re: Pepper Emergency!! - March 2nd, 2007 at 07:55 AM
Sarah,

What is your favorite pepper variety?
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Pepper Emergency!! - March 3rd, 2007 at 11:55 PM
I don't have a favorite variety, just yet. I'm just starting to figure out what I like and don't like. It's just this was the only plant (of that variety) that I managed to get to grow. It was Hungarian Buldog spice. It's hasn't even wilted. Woohoo! I'm really hoping that my local nursery has some of those Relleno Peppers, I can't wait to try those! I didn't order any of those--saw them after I placed my order. Such is my luck.

Sarah
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Pepper Emergency!! - March 19th, 2007 at 01:55 PM
UPDATE:
My pepper is alive and thriving. A little on the short side, but it's put on another set of leaves and is a healthy green. Thanks for your help guys!
Posted By: comfrey Re: Pepper Emergency!! - March 19th, 2007 at 03:12 PM
That's great Sarah!!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Pepper Emergency!! - March 19th, 2007 at 05:36 PM
Only 1 out of 20 germinated? I'll have to send you some more seeds. I didn't plant any of those this year. But maybe I'll try to get one started so that I have fresh seeds for you.

I'm having trouble getting banana peppers to germinate for me this year. They have been in their cups for 3 1/2 weeks so far and not a sign of growth. But I don't have a heating pad so it can take up to six weeks for them to peek out at the world.
Posted By: AgnusDeiHmschl Re: Pepper Emergency!! - March 20th, 2007 at 07:37 AM
Originally posted by tkhooper:

I'm having trouble getting banana peppers to germinate for me this year. They have been in their cups for 3 1/2 weeks so far and not a sign of growth. But I don't have a heating pad so it can take up to six weeks for them to peek out at the world.
Me too! Mine have been in peat pots for a little over two weeks and NOTHING! Everything else has popped up (bells, jalapeno, thai chili...)
I'm glad you said it *could* take up to six weeks because I was going to throw them out!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]