A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Carly Is this the Crested Gentian? - September 28th, 2006 at 10:16 AM
[Linked Image]

It's the only thing I can think of - one of the few I did put in this particular block of the fence garden.

I have the tab but the flowers don't look the same.

Or, is it a snapdragon? I seem to remember transferring some seedlings into that square early in the summer - snapdragon was one of them - not much came through, except these.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Is this the Crested Gentian? - September 28th, 2006 at 10:44 AM
To me, it looks like a Snapdragon... flw
Posted By: zuzu's petals Re: Is this the Crested Gentian? - September 28th, 2006 at 11:57 AM
I'd say Snapdragon, too.
Posted By: Carly Re: Is this the Crested Gentian? - September 28th, 2006 at 12:03 PM
Ahhhhhh! OK . . . we'll see what the gentian looks like when it comes.

Thanks.
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: Is this the Crested Gentian? - September 28th, 2006 at 04:56 PM
Carly, I really can't tell from your picture (my eyes are shot!) but another possibility is the little, yellow Foxglove Lutea, a perennial Foxglove that will throw a few late season blooms. Mine just sent up a couple of stems of blooms the other day. Their heavy bloom period is in May.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Is this the Crested Gentian? - September 28th, 2006 at 06:39 PM
Gentians' are usually BLUE FLOWERS!!!

And they are beautiful..
and at least the variety I had,
the flowers' closed up when it rained.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Is this the Crested Gentian? - September 29th, 2006 at 03:00 AM
I agree with weezie and everyone else who said snapdragon, I think they just might be that.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]