A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: ND farm girl Buzlady's mums - March 14th, 2007 at 01:49 AM
I remember these last fall - did you ever figure out what kind of mum it was? Gorgeous! I just happen to be peeking around your photobucket pics.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Buzlady's mums - March 14th, 2007 at 01:31 PM
Those are beautiful!!!
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: Buzlady's mums - March 14th, 2007 at 08:46 PM
I know, and I HAVE TO HAVE IT! smile

I just emailed a picture to ParkSeeds - maybe they will help!
Posted By: buzylady Re: Buzlady's mums - March 15th, 2007 at 08:01 PM
Oh but I thought we found it on another web site. If someone knows how to find the original thread. The web site was talked about there. I kept the plant in the basement, before it froze. I had soe green stalks coming up so I brought it upstairs for light and water. All but one stalk died off. The one grew some more leaves. Then my dog must have needed some greens one nite cause the stalk was gone one morn. She was the only one in that room. I'm hoping more will grow.
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Buzlady's mums - March 15th, 2007 at 10:30 PM
Buzylady, I've found with my Mums they will always come back for me, smile unless something killed them. laugh I leave mine in the ground all winter and they really look dead in the early spring eek and last year's top growth is dead, but they always bounce back for me when it starts to warm up. wink You will start to see the new green starts coming up at the base of the plant smile and that's when I cut the old growth off. wink Don't lose hope yet, and save some seeds for me when it comes back. wink laugh
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: Buzlady's mums - March 15th, 2007 at 10:51 PM
KINGSMUM.com replied and said it is a 'type of' Frosty Morn mum. They have them for sale at their website. Gotta have some, except they petals are more white on the edge instead of this pretty cream color.

The search is still on!
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: Buzlady's mums - March 15th, 2007 at 11:07 PM
Frosty Morn - I just ordered 10! $2.50 each, 3-inch tall, shipped May 29th.

It's still not THE ONE, but I'm still looking!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Buzlady's mums - March 16th, 2007 at 11:33 AM
I overwintered my burgandy mums inside in my east window this year. It never stopped growing. I've cut it back once. The bronze one I left outside, I covered with leaf mulch for the winter and it has held on to some of it's green all year, but very very close to the ground.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Buzlady's mums - March 16th, 2007 at 01:20 PM
Thanks for the pm too Patty....let me know what you find out ok??
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]