A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: sandy113 how to cut a golden pothos - January 16th, 2007 at 11:55 PM
hello my name is sandy and i need some help cutting back my golden pothos is has grown so long
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 16th, 2007 at 11:58 PM
Sandy, you could cut the ends off the plant and just stick them back in the dirt. It will help your plant look fuller, too!

Welcome to the Garden Helper forum...

Dianna
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 01:23 AM
okay but where @ the ends
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 01:56 AM
i thought i was suspose to place the ends that i cut off in some water so that they can reroot
Posted By: sibyl Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 02:16 AM
wavey
im pretty shure i have a devils ivy [potho]
i take cuttings all the time, you can cut em as far back as you want,
i stick mine in a glass of water, just make shure it has atleast two node in water and one out. i cut the leaves off too, some times ill leave a leaf on the out of water nod. it takes time but its always worked for me.
you can see a pic of it in my devils ivy/phildroden thred thumbup
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 02:26 AM
where can i see ur pictures @
Posted By: sibyl Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 02:37 AM
in my post about devils ivy/ philodendruns thumbup
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 03:46 AM
how do i get to your post
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 08:15 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 08:17 AM
this is just 2 of my plants i need help trimming them
Posted By: Anonymous Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 08:50 AM
why trim them at all??? they look absolutely beautiful!!!

how about hanging them from the ceiling?? they'd make a really nice accent in a corner!
Posted By: sibyl Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 09:48 AM
very beauitful sandy! thumbup i see you got the posting pic thing dowm,
Posted By: gardeningmomma Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 12:46 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean about nodes. Where should I cut it off?
Posted By: myndful Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 08:16 PM
The nodes are, basically, the bumps that the leaves grow out of. Make sure you have a couple of those bumps under the water - but take the <underwater> leaves off first! (If you want the rooting plant to be a bit decorative, leave the rest of the leaves on it and allow it to cascade down the glass - I use a pretty crystal vase for rooting.)
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 10:02 PM
that is how i do my plants to myndful have u seen my picture if so do u think i need to trim them
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 11:00 PM
help i am having problem get my pictures on here again
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 11:06 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 11:07 PM
now that one do need to be trimmed
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 11:09 PM
[Linked Image]
this one I will not trim due to the fact that it belongs to my son that past away 6 months ago
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 17th, 2007 at 11:11 PM
[Linked Image]
i also love fish
Posted By: sibyl Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 18th, 2007 at 12:58 AM
OMG those are cool! what kins of fish are they?
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 18th, 2007 at 01:22 AM
those are pocos they are the cusins to the peronias hay i have a plant that i do not know the name of and i need help keeping it alive [Linked Image]
Posted By: sibyl Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 18th, 2007 at 01:33 AM
id say thats s spider plant. i have some!

chlorophytum--spider plant also known as a airplane plant,
there good for hanging baskets,
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 18th, 2007 at 01:37 AM
how do i save this poor plant
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 18th, 2007 at 01:38 AM
how much water does it need and how much sun light
Posted By: Anonymous Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 18th, 2007 at 01:05 PM
the spider plant usually does best in bright indirect lighting. they can take some full sun - just not all day long, tho.

they like to be a bit pot-bound too...for the size of the plant it'll be okay in that size container for a while. i would move it into something (same size) that has drainage holes in it tho. water weekly - maybe a little more often in the summer when it's warmer.
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 18th, 2007 at 07:23 PM
thank u joclyn very much
Posted By: myndful Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 18th, 2007 at 07:53 PM
Sandy, trimming is a personal preference. I like the long vines cascading down from the pot. Some people don't.

Your bigger plant, however, looks like it is getting (what I call) ropey. It looks like some of your longer vines have lost leaves in the middle. When that happens, I usually trim up to where the leaves are, cutting out the bare part. I then root the ends of the cut parts and stick them back in the pot, making my plant fuller.

Like I said, that is your own personal choice, though.
Posted By: sandy113 Re: how to cut a golden pothos - January 18th, 2007 at 06:18 PM
thank u i see we had the same thought that is where i trimmed it @
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]