A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Karrie I know it starts with an M and should be an easy ID - September 14th, 2006 at 08:53 PM
I just cannot remember, I am trying to figure out if it's perennial or not....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: zuzu's petals Re: I know it starts with an M and should be an easy ID - September 14th, 2006 at 09:48 PM
Perhaps Yellow Mandevilla ?
Not considered reliably hardy below zone 10, I believe.
Very pretty thumbup , I love it in combination with the Ruellia!
(Making note to self wink )
Posted By: Karrie Re: I know it starts with an M and should be an easy ID - September 15th, 2006 at 07:59 AM
That is it. Thank you so much. Its outside and I am in zone 7 hummm what to do.....try to winter it or say :p on it and see if it will hold its own this winter.

My daughter picked that combination that is in her garden area. You should see the view from her bedroom window those 2 all mixed together and then a beautiful coral climbing rose bush on the other side. Its soo pretty.

I have waited all summer for some significent growth from it and it just started to climb like crazy in the last few weeks. nutz
Posted By: dodge Re: I know it starts with an M and should be an easy ID - September 16th, 2006 at 07:08 AM
Kari

Tell the daughter she is a smart cookie.

very nice colors..

dodge
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: I know it starts with an M and should be an easy ID - September 16th, 2006 at 06:04 PM
Karrie, that's a gorgeous combination. Your daughter must be very proud of the results. wink If that is a south facing wall where it's planted, you may get it to carry over this winter with plenty of mulch and protection. It never hurts to try anyway.
Posted By: Karrie Re: I know it starts with an M and should be an easy ID - September 24th, 2006 at 11:32 PM
Thank you all, where the yellow Mandevilla ends right at the front of the picture she and I planted lilies. I will have to take a picture of the whole area and post it for you. Each of my kids have a window garden, Gwennies gets a lot of humming bird action. I just love that they will sit in their rooms and watch the birds and butterflies enjoy their work. Dalton keeps a pair of binoculars right by his bed, so he can get a good look at the colors. We also put the window humming bird feeders on each window for them. They really enjoy it.
Posted By: dodge Re: I know it starts with an M and should be an easy ID - September 24th, 2006 at 11:51 PM
Karrie

What a great idea for kids to get used to nature and birds and bees.(They right way0

;o)
dodge teech teech teech
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]