A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: loudgreenfingers house plants - March 16th, 2007 at 08:51 AM
e i have a dracena magrata plant i have had it f or a year it has done really well until recently
the tips of the leaves are drying and curling up i water about every three weeks i intially had it on a sideboard near the windows and about 4foot from a raditor i have now moved it to the other side of the room but the problem persits
i think it may need replanting has a second plant is growing along side it should i replant the second one in a seperate pot any tips welcomed thanks
Posted By: Anonymous Re: house plants - March 16th, 2007 at 12:34 PM
no, i wouldn't replant if it can wait that long for water. and keeping the smaller plant with it is good for the health of both in this instance. the problem you have is the overall humidity isn't hight enough. take a shallow tray, put some rocks or pebbles or something for the pot to sit up on, out of the bottom of the tray, the fill the tray with water, just until it doesn't touch the pot.

also, watering once every 3 weeks may not be enough. check the soil to see if it is dry sooner, if so, give it a "small drink" between times.
Posted By: loudgreenfingers Re: house plants - March 16th, 2007 at 12:54 PM
the problem is the pot is now to small for them both it is starting to splitthe main plant is now getting towards three feet and the other about half that size i am amazed how quick the smaller one has grown has it was barley 4to five ins atxmas could dthis be down to feeding it with mirical grow plant food
Posted By: Anonymous Re: house plants - March 17th, 2007 at 02:05 AM
might be a combo of just time for a growth spurt and the miracle gro. just be careful not to over feed.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]