A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Damia some help please (many small pictures) - December 31st, 2006 at 09:03 AM
there are a few plants i have that i just dont know what they are. this first one i have had for years.... but have no idea what it is - it behaves like a phliodendron.. but at the same time it doesnt. it has grown from one branch only and used to have the strength to stand on it's own - but got so leggy i wrapped it around a branch. the new growth comes from the stem of the leaf before it.. curling and lifting out.. very strange. those are the circled sections. and now after wrapping it - it has branched out to more growth - finally. i'd love to find out what this plant really is if anyone has any idea.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

this one is an odd one.... a definate cacti with leaves....
[Linked Image]

this is a succulent i think of somekind? has hairs coming off the sides of the leaves.. my camera doesnt work too well lol.
[Linked Image]

this one is really neat looking - lots of the paddel flowers.. i've seen them single and pink - but not orange and multi
[Linked Image]

this was a rescue... no clue what it is saddly.... [Linked Image]

thanks so very much for any ideas you might have on my mystery plants!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: some help please (many small pictures) - December 31st, 2006 at 09:13 AM
the first one might be some type of hoya. are the leaves kind of waxy and thick/fleshy?

the last one looks like a draceana and the one before it with the multi-colored flower is a bromeliad. i couldn't say which particular varieties tho.

welcome to the forum!!! you'll find a ton of info here and even more terrific people!!
Posted By: Damia Re: some help please (many small pictures) - December 31st, 2006 at 09:50 AM
it isnt like a hoya.. unfortunately... it feels like a philodendron... smells similar too when broken or bruised. thin leaves - they just look waxy from being washed before i took the pictures... thanks for iding the bromeliad!
Posted By: zuzu's petals Re: some help please (many small pictures) - December 31st, 2006 at 12:34 PM
Hi Damia,
I think you're probably right about the 1st one being a Philodendron.
Most of them do grow more robustly with some support,
so that branch you gave it has probably made it happier.

#2 ~ (photo #5) looks like it could be a young Pachypodium (maybe P. geayi).
#3 ~ I think, might be a young Yucca plant.
#4 ~ I agree, is a lovely Bromeliad.
#5 ~ appears to be Dracaena "Lemon Lime".
Posted By: Damia Re: some help please (many small pictures) - December 31st, 2006 at 03:17 PM
Wow.... how very cool to learn about the Pachypodium.... thanks so very much for identifying it! and i do agree on the last one being a dracaena... i think i found it is Warneckii after looking it up more on the web. Thanks so very much! a young yucca... i'm goning to have to watch that one with interest for sure.. yucca's are neat. not as neat as the Pachy plant though!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]