A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Bridget808 dying money plant - February 5th, 2007 at 12:24 AM
I bought a money plant sometime last August which came in a small ceramic planter-it "had" a total of six separate trunks(?)that weren't braided yet.Anyway, replanted it into a lrger plastic plannter about 2months later.It was doing fine. In Dec/Jan I have lost 2of the plants-they became soggy & easily plucked out of the soil--I'm having the same problem w/ 2 more tree trunks. Is there a way to save the plant?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: dying money plant - February 5th, 2007 at 12:58 AM
bridget, i'm moving this to house plants where you will get better answers. also, i'd say you may have moved it to a pot that was too much larger than the original. just a thought, but others will have more answers for you.
Posted By: Aaron D Re: dying money plant - February 5th, 2007 at 01:14 AM
well, Bridget... Money trees during their dormant period, or while indoors need just the right watering... from what your describing you seem to be over watering it... treat money trees like succulent plants... just very little water to tide it over till next time you water it... their large "fat" trunks store lots of water and they do very well with almost bone-dry dry soil... but during the summer they do best outside under a porch and VERY WET...
Posted By: Aaron D Re: dying money plant - February 5th, 2007 at 01:16 AM
im sorry but if rot sets in nothing can stop it... another sign of overwatering is dropping or blackening of new baby leaves...
Posted By: Bridget808 Re: dying money plant - February 8th, 2007 at 01:18 AM
so should I transplant the remaining plants in the smaller orginal pottery planter that it came with? & just keep the soil on the dry side? Thanks for the input
Posted By: Aaron D Re: dying money plant - February 11th, 2007 at 02:58 AM
yes that would be good or just cut the water... no problem
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]