A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: alankhart I FOUND A SOURCE!! - February 2nd, 2007 at 07:27 PM
I found a mail order source for the Tiki Torch Echinacea! It's a place called The Potting Bench, and they have all the new echinaceas like Coconut Lime, Tiki Torch, Green Eyes, Pink Double Delight, Raspberry Tart, etc. Here's a link if anyone is interested. BTW, they aren't cheap!

www.pbench.com
Posted By: tkhooper Re: I FOUND A SOURCE!! - February 3rd, 2007 at 01:11 AM
I'm glad you found what you were looking for. Enjoy.
Posted By: patches1414 Re: I FOUND A SOURCE!! - February 3rd, 2007 at 06:20 AM
I love Euchinacea and this is a wonderful site, but they are pretty expensive. eek Of course, that is usually the way it is for the newer varities so I'm hoping they will get a little cheaper after they have been around a while. I think the the 'Merlot' and 'Raspberry Tart' are absolutely beautiful!!! clp smile
Posted By: cinta Re: I FOUND A SOURCE!! - February 3rd, 2007 at 08:13 AM
I was like you trying to find Sambucus nigra 'Black Lace' (Black lace elderberry) last year. I finally got it on Ebay.

I am not a fan of Ebay but sometime you can find a reputable nursery selling their excess stock there that they do not put on their online store.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: I FOUND A SOURCE!! - February 6th, 2007 at 01:10 AM
Holy cow Alan, $17.98 for one plant! flw flw flw flw
Posted By: njoynit Re: I FOUND A SOURCE!! - February 6th, 2007 at 03:37 PM
Parks.I got it in the mail yesterday.

http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/...p13.Echinacea&scChannel=Plants%20 AS

I got the catalog yesterday,but yeah....I want THAT plant.Least 'Hope' I do cause is my name.

And check this page out.Nice photos.
http://lostintheflowers.com/Age_of_Echinacea-07.htm
Posted By: alankhart Re: I FOUND A SOURCE!! - February 6th, 2007 at 05:15 PM
Yeah...it's really outrageous, plus another $10 for shipping and I'm paying $28 for one tiny plant. I can't believe I'm actually doing it. I rarely spend that kind of money on a plant, so I thought I'd splurge. I'll probably end up regretting it later, especially when I see it somewhere else in a year or so for much less. I've started more plants from seed this year than I ever have, so I figure I'm saving money there. I've got to justify it somehow!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: I FOUND A SOURCE!! - February 6th, 2007 at 05:25 PM
My own personal fear would be that
I'd plant it wrong, either wrong soil,
or not get enough water or the right drainage..
and ka~plu~ie, up it goes... deader than a doornail..

I wish you tremendous goooood~luck
and hope you post manyyyy pictures of it... thumbup flw clp
Posted By: weezie13 Re: I FOUND A SOURCE!! - February 8th, 2007 at 12:17 AM
Hey Alan,
Have you seen this plant??
The Hulk/Aster
Posted By: buzylady Re: I FOUND A SOURCE!! - February 8th, 2007 at 01:27 AM
alan go for it. Something to get out of the depressing type of dull drums. A pick me up for under $30. I would do it if it was something I was looking for. Besides we may get some seeds in trade in the future.
Posted By: alankhart Re: I FOUND A SOURCE!! - February 8th, 2007 at 02:39 PM
The Hulk aster...how strange! I like it! I assume it's an annual aster, though....I'll have to do some research.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: I FOUND A SOURCE!! - February 8th, 2007 at 02:46 PM
I was looking at the Echinacea Coconut Lime
and thought that HULK Aster looked of similar colors...
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]