A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: AngelaCS0907 devastated here!!!!!!! - January 31st, 2007 at 04:07 PM
HELP....I have a 3 season room that I had my plants including jade, aloe and schefflera(sp?). It has been a mild winter so far and then suddenly the temps dropped. I did not think about the plants and then went in last night to bring them in....WEll....it was tragic. All of them are totally wilted.........the jade especially has me devastated. It is wilted and "bleeding tears" as I put it. I really don't think there is any hope at all. It is about 5-6 years old and I have nursed it back to health a few times..........can ANYONE HELP ME???????
Posted By: Carolin Re: devastated here!!!!!!! - January 31st, 2007 at 05:19 PM
Oh no! I feel for you. Good Luck
carolin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: devastated here!!!!!!! - January 31st, 2007 at 05:28 PM
Hope you can get some help for your plants and welcome to the forum! wavey Keep checking back for replies.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: devastated here!!!!!!! - January 31st, 2007 at 06:30 PM
I can't hold out much hope for the first two. I've never grown the third type of plant so I don't know about that one.
Posted By: margaret e. pell Re: devastated here!!!!!!! - February 1st, 2007 at 12:14 AM
The best thing to do for all of them is cut back all dead material to sound tissue, don't water until damaged areas have callused over, and keep them warm in as similar a lighting situation as you can. Then wait. Wait a long time if the roots are ok. Unless you've cut back and there is nothing left, there's hope!
Posted By: Jillbc Re: devastated here!!!!!!! - February 3rd, 2007 at 03:19 AM
The same thing seemed to suddenly happen with my cactus!

I've attributed that to the fact that they didn't receive enough sunlight, so I moved them back to the sill. I think the temperature flucuation is having an effect on the poor plants ;[
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]