A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper It was the rains fault - October 18th, 2006 at 07:04 PM
All summer I've been passing by a McDonald's that has the most incredible RED zinnia-like flowers or really short stems. But the flowers are huge and just full of petals. Tuesday while I was out walking in the rain without a coat I saw that the blooms were dead and no one had dead headed them. So I took one flower head. And the seeds are just like the zinnia seeds. My question is are there any short stemmed but big flower varieties of zinnia? Or are they some closely related type of flower? They are beautiful and I hope to grow at least one cluster next year.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: It was the rains fault - October 19th, 2006 at 01:12 AM
I just love zinnias--the one flower that I can't kill. Maybe this site will have the zinnia you are searching for.
Posted By: sibyl Re: It was the rains fault - October 19th, 2006 at 01:18 AM
some of my smaller zinnias gets large flowers on em, sometimes i get confused when seeding em, cant tell if its my little or giant zinnia,
Posted By: tkhooper Re: It was the rains fault - October 19th, 2006 at 02:15 AM
Thankyou for the website. I think you answered my questions. I just didn't want to package them up as zinnia in case they were something else lol. I still have so much to learn. Anyway these are really red and I look forward to trying to grow them in a pot next year.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]