A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: barleychown Beds inside the greenhouse - February 11th, 2007 at 02:30 AM
I am thinking of utilizing beds indise my greenhouse as a way to extend my veggie growing time. As I live in zone 8, I think I should be able to at the very least grow things like lettuce almost year-round.

Has anyone done here done this? Any hints or tips you would like to pass along?
Posted By: Triss Re: Beds inside the greenhouse - February 11th, 2007 at 04:43 AM
Great question, to add on to that, if you have done this, how large of a greenhouse would you need to have to grow veggies year around?
Posted By: kennyso Re: Beds inside the greenhouse - February 11th, 2007 at 02:15 PM
I don't have a green house either...my mom wants to get one so maybe I get ask her to give me one shelf laugh laugh laugh I suppose you could just try planting some lettuce inside, they do start quite easily
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Beds inside the greenhouse - February 11th, 2007 at 04:33 PM
we had a green house, when i lived at home (also zone 8). it did extend our growing period to nearly all year, i think (because our's wasn't heated) that we got 11 months of usuable growing time for veggies, and almost no freeze.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]