A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: LandOfOz What Would You do? - February 5th, 2007 at 07:56 PM
I'm searching for some Japanese Painted Ferns and had hoped to buy them locally. I will be able to get them in April from a VERY nice local nursery (Stutzman's for those of you familiar) but they are $10 each and I want 2. A website, American Meadows, has the same ones for 5.53 plus a hybrid that I think is totally awesome that I'd like to order. So what would you do? Would you go with the local supplier, pick out your own plant or go with the online bargain?
Posted By: netty Re: What Would You do? - February 5th, 2007 at 11:39 PM
When I decide I want something, thats it! I'd probably end up getting it locally...I'm very impatient!
BTW-I picked up a couple of Japanese Painted Ferns at the local nursery near the end of the season-I think they cost me $1 each!
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: What Would You do? - February 5th, 2007 at 11:56 PM
WHAT? Holy smokes, I want a $1.00 JPF! What a bargain. I am the same as you, I want it now. And I like the idea of picking out the plant I want. I'm always a little leary of getting plants mail order because I never know if they're going to send a good plant to begin with.
Posted By: myndful Re: What Would You do? - February 6th, 2007 at 12:25 AM
grinnnn BOTH! grinnnn

That way, you're sure to have at least one that works out! lala
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What Would You do? - February 6th, 2007 at 03:14 AM
one of each sounds like a good compromise, AND you can compare them!
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: What Would You do? - February 6th, 2007 at 02:05 PM
Very good point, myndful and jiffy. This way I can order the hybrid I want too. thumbup Now I'm just wondering how much shipping is. I also need to go check out that garden watchdog to see what everyone's experience with american meadows is. Any of you tried them before? or heard of their products?

Thanks! muggs
Sarah
Posted By: chenno Re: What Would You do? - February 9th, 2007 at 12:00 AM
I am wondering where you get for a buck???

I cannot wait either;-)
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]