A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: obywan59 The red-winged blackbirds are back - February 26th, 2007 at 04:06 PM
I saw seven of them out back at the sunflower feeder.
Posted By: Thornius Re: The red-winged blackbirds are back - February 26th, 2007 at 04:39 PM
Very Good! We have themm all year here in Tennessee, but they never come to my feeders. I have seen ONE about 100 yards east of my house by a small creek a couple of years ago.
Posted By: hollyspringsgirl Re: The red-winged blackbirds are back - February 28th, 2007 at 03:53 PM
I live in North Carolina. We had a few red-winged blackbirds here about 2 weeks ago. They were on the ground surrounding the feeders. That was pretty neat to see them!
Posted By: plantqueen Re: The red-winged blackbirds are back - March 2nd, 2007 at 08:18 PM
I had a red winged blackbird at one of my feeders today. This is the first one that I have seen since last spring. thumbup
Posted By: Wrennie Re: The red-winged blackbirds are back - March 2nd, 2007 at 08:31 PM
thumbup Cool! They're so pretty!
I usually get a 'swarm' of them in early spring when they've just gotten back to town. They fill up on my cracked corn and other seed and then **poof** into the marshes. I do see them on & off through summer since I'm across from water.
Posted By: Thornius Re: The red-winged blackbirds are back - March 2nd, 2007 at 09:49 PM
I've had one "down t' th' crick" in a willer tree singing and I got a good look, too, about a year ago, but I haven't seen any since.
Posted By: plantqueen Re: The red-winged blackbirds are back - March 5th, 2007 at 09:28 PM
I see one here and there but not too often. I was surprised to see one right now though! Duh It seems like they stop as they are passing through because they are not regular visitors to my feeders!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]