A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: ashley1 spider aka airplane plant {pic saved} - January 23rd, 2005 at 08:14 PM
[Linked Image]
Is this an airplane plant with verigated leaves? I bought it from a lady at her house a plant sale and she didn't know what it was.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: spider aka airplane plant {pic saved} - January 23rd, 2005 at 11:49 PM
Ashley,
That one is a Spider Plant...
Do a FORUM SEARCH here on that plant too,
there's lot's of good info about it..
*Might be in the ARCHIVES SECTIONS*

There's lot's of people who have those here too
that can lend you a helping hand on them...

Weezie

P/S If you can figure out also, how to
down size the pictures, that would be AWESOME!!!
**I have my text on largest and everything is off the page..
Posted By: Carly Re: spider aka airplane plant {pic saved} - January 24th, 2005 at 08:51 AM
I usually click the resize button in my photo program and when it pops up I click HALF. That usually does it.

I was doing them up with 400 as being the largest side but they were a bit small.

Check out Irfanview - it's a really easy photo program to use and you can download it.
Posted By: catlover Re: spider aka airplane plant {pic saved} - January 24th, 2005 at 05:04 PM
Ashley...definitely a spider plant. thumbup
Did you know they have another one that the stripe is reversed.....green on the inside and white on the edges. I received a cutting from my garden club and was looking and looking at that plant...there was something totally different but I couldn't figure it out til I put the two side by side....welllll duhhhh the colors are reversed. laugh
Catlover
Posted By: Plant Lady Re: spider aka airplane plant {pic saved} - January 28th, 2005 at 06:36 AM
Hi Ashley, your plant is a Spider Plant. It also grows babies. Does not like to be wet. Im just new here so I'm not sure where to navigate. Sincerely Rita
Posted By: boxmonkey Re: spider aka airplane plant {pic saved} - January 28th, 2005 at 09:15 AM
Plant lady,
My spider plants love to be wet.
Or at least, they love moist, humid environments and being watered regularly.
Posted By: Ann1 Re: spider aka airplane plant {pic saved} - February 3rd, 2005 at 05:02 AM
Airplane plant is the name I learned for spider plant in the midwest.

Ann
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]