A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tppc any one nows what is this? - September 2nd, 2006 at 04:06 AM
Hello, again
I have another plant and don't now is name. Can you help me?
Tks for all
[Linked Image]
Posted By: netwiz Re: any one nows what is this? - September 2nd, 2006 at 04:22 AM
I don't know the name of the plant but will have to find one once someone identifies it! Wow!

Joanne
Posted By: weezie13 Re: any one nows what is this? - September 2nd, 2006 at 04:34 AM
Teresa,
You have a Purple Shamrock (Oxalis)

Veryyyyyy pretty and colorful plant you have there.. flw cool
Posted By: tppc Re: any one nows what is this? - September 2nd, 2006 at 04:36 AM
Tks.
I'll give you one but it reproduce with a little potato, I never see the seeds.
Posted By: plantqueen Re: any one nows what is this? - September 2nd, 2006 at 08:33 AM
That is very pretty! I will have to try and find one of those!
Posted By: Lily of Shalott Re: any one nows what is this? - September 2nd, 2006 at 09:35 AM
That's a lovely plant! I don't think I have any more room for plants right now, but I'll have to suggest it in the spring when we buy plants for our porch.
Posted By: Patty S Re: any one nows what is this? - September 2nd, 2006 at 10:37 AM
I have one of those too, & I just love it! (Anything that's purple, works for me!)
[Linked Image]

Tppc, I noticed from the photo that yours have that 2-tone look... I'm not sure that's a good thing. Duh Mine did that for a while, after I'd moved it to a room that didn't have a lot of light, so I put it back in a bright spot & the color evened out.

I've had mine since January, & I'm not sure how often they're supposed to blossom, but mine hasn't done it again yet. It's starting to drop some leaves, & after reading Bill's page, ( Growing and Caring for Shamrock Plants ) I think it might be time to put it to bed for the winter. [Linked Image]
Posted By: tppc Re: any one nows what is this? - September 5th, 2006 at 03:49 AM
Tks Patty, I have mine about 2 years, for one year I have it in house, but since last 6 months he lives in the garden not in direct sun, but with lots of ligth.
In http://www.easytogrowbulbs.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=899 you can see one, and it seems to have 2 colors too.
Anyaway I always see mine with 2 tone.
I hope you has mo reason, because I love it, like it's and hope is not seek.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: any one nows what is this? - September 5th, 2006 at 06:41 AM
someone posted about this a while back and i've been looking for one ever since!!!

ditto what patty s said: Anything that's purple, works for me!
Posted By: dodge Re: any one nows what is this? - September 8th, 2006 at 09:04 AM
joclyn,

may of been me ........weezie is correct
Purple shamrock or oxalis

kit
dodge
Posted By: dodge Re: any one nows what is this? - September 8th, 2006 at 09:08 AM
Now I noticed something else.

My leaves are same color but my blossoms are light purple , not white....

Yours are white......Strange.
I have a green shamrock also, it has white blossoms......
I just repotted mine for the the ride indoors for winter......
dodge
Posted By: margaret e. pell Re: any one nows what is this? - September 8th, 2006 at 11:37 AM
You can find oxalis and lots of other nifty bulbs here:
http://www.telosrarebulbs.com/
Posted By: Anonymous Re: any one nows what is this? - September 8th, 2006 at 12:02 PM
that's a GREAT site, margaret!! they're prices are really good - almost too good to be true!!

they don't have this particular purple variety tho...
Posted By: dodge Re: any one nows what is this? - September 8th, 2006 at 07:55 PM
Margaret

wow what a lovely collection......Thanks for showing.

i was going to order till I seen the postage and prices.

thanks

dodge
Posted By: Carly Re: any one nows what is this? - September 8th, 2006 at 09:44 PM
I'll go with Weez . . . the first word that came to mind was 'shamrock'.

A lovely plant, I must say.

(I have enough plants . . . just echoing the 'man of the house' here. Heh! heh!
Posted By: tppc Re: any one nows what is this? - September 10th, 2006 at 05:36 AM
Margaret, the site is great, with great prices, tks
Posted By: justabloomer Re: any one nows what is this? - September 11th, 2006 at 10:49 AM
Tppc ~ I have one exactly like yours and about the same size. I got mine at a Fred Meyer (a store on the west coast similar to Target) for St. Patrick's Day. Mine has bloomed twice since March and it has pale pink flowers.

Beautiful plant!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]