A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Thornius Erm......Did I mention the Hawk? - February 16th, 2007 at 03:51 AM
Here are a few more from today.

RED-TAILED HAWK
[Linked Image]

Or the Geese?

BARNYARD GEESE (Oink! on the Right)
[Linked Image]

How 'bout the Gull?

RING-BILLED GULL
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Thornius Re: Erm......Did I mention the Hawk? - February 16th, 2007 at 03:54 AM
Then there was the Duck.

MUSCOVY DUCK
[Linked Image]

And for Jane, her favorite friend, the squirrel.

EASTERN GRAY SQUIRREL
[Linked Image]
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Erm......Did I mention the Hawk? - February 16th, 2007 at 07:13 AM
Thorny, love the pictures and I especially like the geese. I've always loved geese, but they don't seem to like me, except to chase me. eek
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Erm......Did I mention the Hawk? - February 16th, 2007 at 11:41 AM
Thorny,
Great pictures! What a great way to spend the day! That last picture there...that's a darn tree rat!
Posted By: Thornius Re: Erm......Did I mention the Hawk? - February 16th, 2007 at 02:53 PM
The white goose is new to the pond. The gray goose is an African Gray Goose I call Oink!

Oink! is an old friend I have photographed for years. I was really glad to see the white goose. Oink! always seemed so lonely. These two REALLY like each other. The white one was quite friendly, eating from my hand and nibbling me all over.
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Erm......Did I mention the Hawk? - February 16th, 2007 at 05:45 PM
My friend has a pair of African Gray Geese named "Goosey" (male) & "Loosey" (female) and "Goosey" is the one that torments me. eek When I went over there one day he came after me sca and all I had time to do was get on top of my car. He kept me trapped up there until she got home about 30 minutes later. frown
Posted By: Thornius Re: Erm......Did I mention the Hawk? - February 16th, 2007 at 05:53 PM
He was probably just wanting some food or a good petting. These geese SEEM very Beligerent, but when one comes after me I stop and see what it wants. Usually it just nibbles at me or searches my hands and pockets for snacks.

Canada Geese with babies on the other hand......One of those comes after you......RUN!!!!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Erm......Did I mention the Hawk? - February 16th, 2007 at 07:21 PM
Great pictures!!!
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Erm......Did I mention the Hawk? - February 17th, 2007 at 07:20 AM
Thorny, Goosey does NOT want to be petted, he hates that with a passion! Actually, it seems to makes him very angry! mad He doesn't just nibble at people, he bites real hard!!! eek I still like him, but he sure doesn't like me! frown Goosey is a very anti-social goose and I don't think he likes anybody, so I try not to take it personally! laugh
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]