A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Wrennie Bullocks Oriole in NY!!! - February 10th, 2007 at 05:22 PM
I was sitting in my office last week, glanced at my tree with the feeders in it and could have sworn i saw the back 1/2 of an oriole???? This time of ear??? Nah.

SO

I was just told that across from my shop a few blocks over that there has been a Bullocks Oriole sighted. He seems to have hung out for a few months now. Odd thing is, they are NOT seen in NY! They are a western variety! A man from the Audubon society was seen there looking for it by my business neighbor.
Link to an article
PS I know the 2 women mentioned in the article. Helen really i a hoot!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bullocks Oriole in NY!!! - February 10th, 2007 at 05:29 PM
Wrennie,
That is very cool.

Here is the silliest thing I learned at the real bird forum. If you spot the little fellow he cannot officially be counted on your bird life list because you did not see him in his indigenous environment.

Isn't that the dumbest thing ever? I would want to count it twice and consider it an extra special gift from above.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Bullocks Oriole in NY!!! - February 10th, 2007 at 05:32 PM
That is rediculous!

The article up there, is from BirdingOnThe.Net
Posted By: Triss Re: Bullocks Oriole in NY!!! - February 10th, 2007 at 05:41 PM
That is very cool Wrennie. Hope you get to see it!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Bullocks Oriole in NY!!! - February 10th, 2007 at 05:50 PM
That's very intereing! thumbup idea
Posted By: Thornius Re: Bullocks Oriole in NY!!! - February 10th, 2007 at 05:59 PM
I don't see what the big fuss is over a movie star's bird, anyway, and why wasn't Sandra Bullock looking after her OWN Oriole instead of allowing it to escape where it will starve and/or freeze to death?
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Bullocks Oriole in NY!!! - February 10th, 2007 at 06:14 PM
She must have left a window open.
Posted By: Thornius Re: Bullocks Oriole in NY!!! - February 10th, 2007 at 08:30 PM
We had a Varied Thrush in Tennessee about fifteen years ago.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Bullocks Oriole in NY!!! - February 10th, 2007 at 09:51 PM
Wrennie, that is so cool!!! I'm sure you'll get to see it again!!!! And hopefully more than just the back 1/2 of him!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Bullocks Oriole in NY!!! - February 11th, 2007 at 12:06 AM
The one seen in town is more yellow {2nd year Bullock) The one I saw was definitely orange Duh I need a face! grinnnn
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]