A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: kelsearae Crown of thorns - February 24th, 2007 at 02:53 AM
hiya. my sister has had a crown of thorns for about 7 years. it was 5" when we got it, and has crown at least a foot. it has bright, healthy leaves, flowers almost constantly and seems to be very healthy. however, about 4 months ago, we noticed a strange "growth" shooting off one of the branches. it's squiggly, with lots of nodes and arms and little bitty clusters of greenish balls. we thought it was a way to propagate, but we're scared to cut it off and it hasn't reached for the dirt that it's hanging over. it's done nothing and now it's kind of wilting a little. any ideas? thanks much!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Crown of thorns - February 24th, 2007 at 03:09 AM
welcome!!

could you post a pic of it?
Posted By: njoynit Re: Crown of thorns - February 28th, 2007 at 09:09 PM
I agree...picture.That sounds SOOOO weird.Mines not done that.Sounds like an alien...
Posted By: Aaron D Re: Crown of thorns - March 1st, 2007 at 03:29 AM
Euphorbia millii (crown of thorns)only reproduce (asexually) by cutting and (sexually) by seed... they dont have offsets, it sounds like a confused growth... i get that sometimes on my euphorbs, its a prostrate growth split between trying to become an inflorescence (flower cluster) and a new branch... you may see tiny mutated and undeveloped flowers and leaves randomly mixed together... this occurs in a mix up of hormones, dont worry, ive always seen it as a good sign: a happy plant readily growing and just got confused...im only guessing, but a picture would be best... hope this helps!!!! smile
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]