A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: elkwc36 First Asparagus tonight - March 24th, 2007 at 01:32 AM
Always nice to have that first fresh asparagus. Also planted over 600 onions last night and tonight. So good to be back in the garden and feeling the soil. 07 has begun. Jay
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: First Asparagus tonight - March 24th, 2007 at 01:35 AM
I am so jealous. Also, I thought that onions were supposed to be planted in the fall?? Am I all messed up? I actually had my 2nd try of asparagus and I really like it. Amazing. My mom made me eat it once when I was little and I think I made myself throwup so I wouldn't have to finish it. I was a terrible child. I know. laugh
Posted By: elkwc36 Re: First Asparagus tonight - March 24th, 2007 at 01:07 PM
I ordered the onion plants from TX. No I always plant them in the spring. They are better if you plant early. I know at times I have been like most others and not get them in till middle of April or later. But they need the cool and the recommended time for here was March 20th. I was going to put them out before that but work interferred. Can take some cool and freezes. Garlic you should plant in the fall. We just got a big rain last night that came slow so should be great for them. Hopefully I can put in some radishes in a few days.
My Mother always made us eat vegatables she raised and guess we were glad to get anything so grew up liking most of them. I ate the first mess last night with a side salad and that is all I had for supper. Thought maybe your garden would be ahead of mine. Jay
Posted By: Amigatec Re: First Asparagus tonight - March 24th, 2007 at 01:39 PM
It was warm enough here to get everything planted last month. I have been picking Asparagus for a couple of days, and my lettuce will be ready very soon.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: First Asparagus tonight - March 24th, 2007 at 09:05 PM
Head on over to......
Click here to jump to new forum...
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]