A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: melcon6 I would love to know the name of this - May 8th, 2006 at 01:09 PM
I dug this plant up from a friends garden, it spreads like crazy (invasive grinnnn ) through underground runners. I live in zone 4/5 and it's a perennial just beginning to bloom now, the plant is small now (about 6" tall)but after it flowers the foliage which is feathery and needlike grows to about 14-16" tall.

[Linked Image]

I'll get another picture when it is in full bloom.
Posted By: RugbyHukr Re: I would love to know the name of this - May 9th, 2006 at 02:51 AM
maybe Euphorbia cyparissias
Posted By: weezie13 Re: I would love to know the name of this - May 9th, 2006 at 04:07 AM
I totallllly agree..

I have read it's invasive, if it's the "wild weed" kind...

*I have the store bought kind and it's all over the place* [Linked Image]
Posted By: melcon6 Re: I would love to know the name of this - May 9th, 2006 at 02:00 PM
That's it exactly, Thank you Rugby!!! and Weezie!!! (although the foliage doesn't look the same as yours Weezie, but the flower does thumbup

Does anyone know a common name for this plant?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I would love to know the name of this - May 9th, 2006 at 02:49 PM
It's called Cypress Spurge Mel!!!!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: I would love to know the name of this - May 9th, 2006 at 03:53 PM
This one is the name of mine..

Cushion Spurge/ Euphorbia polychroma
Posted By: melcon6 Re: I would love to know the name of this - May 9th, 2006 at 10:17 PM
Thank you Loz and Weezie thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: I would love to know the name of this - May 12th, 2006 at 09:27 AM
melcon6,

laugh laugh laugh
I have one too....I tried a photo an blurrd it in the rain.

I rather like it .. Been there for years and mine doesnt seem to be invasive.. or I have it too crowded with snow on the mountain.

grinnnn
dodge
Posted By: dodge Re: I would love to know the name of this - May 12th, 2006 at 02:45 PM
[Linked Image]

Here is what mine looks like and I have no idea what the name of it is.

dodge
Posted By: nmlAlba-dC15 Re: I would love to know the name of this - May 30th, 2006 at 04:19 PM
Hi Mel, Weezie n Dodge..
can anyone of u save some seeds for me ... the flowers do look cheery!
Thanx..
wavey norhaini
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]