A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: hisgal2 cloverish with yellow flowers - July 8th, 2005 at 07:51 AM
What is it? I posted a pic of it in "What's blooming today?" but we haven't figured it out yet. The ruler is propped up against the flower and is 18" high.
[Linked Image]

Close-up of flowers
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 8th, 2005 at 08:08 AM
Glad you posted this Jenn, I was looking earlier for it and couldn't find anything. Hope someone comes through on it! I'm sure someone will wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 8th, 2005 at 08:10 AM
Definitely NOT buttercups. frown
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 8th, 2005 at 08:14 AM
I didn't think they were buttercups. wink I didn't want to say anything down in the other thread tho. grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 8th, 2005 at 08:19 AM
perpl Must have been the zinfansomething.
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 8th, 2005 at 08:30 AM
haha...please send me some! I could use it!
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 8th, 2005 at 09:37 AM
Creeping yellow wood sorrel is the closest I could get...think that's more like what I have though, it's not close enough to your picture for me. Hmmmmmmmmmm....
Posted By: weezie13 Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 8th, 2005 at 09:58 AM
You have one of my most favoritest plants!

Corydalis lutea

I have one...

*I love the blue and purple ones too!! cool cool cool cool cool
Posted By: weezie13 Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 8th, 2005 at 10:00 AM
Oooooooooooh, went back and relooked again..
WOW!!!!!!!!!
What kind of growing conditions do you have it in?

That plant is AWESOME LOOKING!!!
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 8th, 2005 at 10:04 AM
Weezie - HOW do you DO that?! LOL I've been looking for like an hour now...need to go to bed but got hooked trying to find it laugh Guess I can go to bed now LOL Thanks wink
Posted By: weezie13 Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 8th, 2005 at 10:12 AM
I know my flowers... shocked
Posted By: weezie13 Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 8th, 2005 at 10:15 AM
No, what I should say is...
I truely love flowers, and really love looking
and learning about flowers..
and one of my downfalls is constantly reading
those garden catalogs that come in the mail
starting around Jan./Springtime...
I am obsessed with anything gardening,
and those gardening mag's come in handy while
waiting to pick kids up from school!!!!

I love looking at the photo's, over and over and over again....and I just remember them..
add them to my wish list and when I come acrossed them, snag them up... thumbup
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 9th, 2005 at 02:19 AM
were you asking me what kind of growing conditions they are in?? well, lets see. They are on the side of the house that doesn't get any direct sun light. They just grow. These are at least 18" tall in some spots. I'd love to have them in other places other that just where they are now. I just went out to look at them...they don't look as happy today as they did the other day. I don't think they liked the amount of rain we got from what was left of hurricane Cindy.

Can you find these at greenhouses??? I'd LOVE blue and purple ones! Do they come in other colors also?
Posted By: weezie13 Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 9th, 2005 at 03:04 AM
Yep, go look at the link I put up
on my first post,
Bill has a couple of them..

I have the yellow one now,
but had it in a realllllly bad spot
and it wasn't happy...
In fact I just moved it last week..
I'll see if it lives...

But yours look very happy...
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 9th, 2005 at 07:34 AM
Weezie, you're so good. Someday I'm gonna know my plants JUST LIKE WEEZIE DOES! LOL!

I was seriously going nuts looking for that yesterday..and I really needed to go to bed so you saved me! laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: cloverish with yellow flowers - July 9th, 2005 at 08:17 AM
Mary,
The only thing I can tell you is...... GET EVERY FREE PLANT CATALOG YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR THAT COMES IN THE MAIL STARTING IN JAN./SPRINGTIME!!!
*And look at the pictures too!!!! shocked wink laugh *
in the middle of winter....
snuggle up on the couch with your favorite jammies, hot cocoa or coffee or tea, and a blankie, and your fuzzy slippers and sit in front of a window that has the best sunshihne coming thru!
And just think all about gardening....

I just memorized all the flowers and growing
conditions!!! thumbup shocked grinnnn
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]