A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: roflol Is your big-box store having a plant sale? - December 23rd, 2006 at 10:07 AM
I'm not sure how it is nationwide, but here in my city I've been in two different Lowe's and one had large tropicals (corn plants, majesty palms, stuff like that) that were somewhat distressed on sale for $1 a pot, and the other had smaller tropicals (ferns, dieffenbachia, lots of other stuff) that were somewhat distressed for 25 cents a pot.

I bought a couple of corn plants for my house, 2 palms for the office where there is plenty of light, and some other stuff at the bigger plant sale last week, and today I bought 19 plants for a little over 5 dollars at the small plant sale. Heck, if even one of these lives through the winter I'll have broken even, and if not well I'll have the pots to grow all my seeds from swaps in and that'll make me feel better.

:-)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Is your big-box store having a plant sale? - December 23rd, 2006 at 11:04 AM
lots of the big box stores are having sales right now because they don't have space to take care of their tropicals.

i got 85 succulents at wallyworld on monday, for 10 cents a piece! that is why i "liberated" so many of them! laugh laugh
Posted By: badplanter Re: Is your big-box store having a plant sale? - December 23rd, 2006 at 11:23 AM
I've got to get to "wallyworld" someday.. hopefully during next week... as long as I have some way to get there! laugh laugh
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Is your big-box store having a plant sale? - December 27th, 2006 at 02:14 AM
My box stores here NEVER EVER reduce the price of their plants!!!
They all say that they send the empty pots back to the growers and get credit, so they refuse to reduce the plants and sell them to willing customers - crazy!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Is your big-box store having a plant sale? - December 27th, 2006 at 04:07 AM
i didn't have a chance to check the local lowe's and home depot...gotta do that in the next few days!
Posted By: chenno Re: Is your big-box store having a plant sale? - January 5th, 2007 at 03:12 AM
Jiffy,That is awesome! 10 cents how cool..I have never tried to grow succulents..however it is my to grow list this year...

Stuff rarely goes on sale around here..Your lucky!
Posted By: hollyspringsgirl Re: Is your big-box store having a plant sale? - February 25th, 2007 at 11:48 PM
I actually went to Wal-Mart today and found a few succulents for 10 cents too! I bought 5! 50 cents for 5! What a deal!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]