A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Hannah L--- Planting Petunias - March 7th, 2007 at 05:34 PM
Hi, does anyone know approx. how many days it takes for Petunias to grow to maturity? Also, what is the Germination/Survival rate? Thanks!
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Planting Petunias - March 7th, 2007 at 11:34 PM
Personally, Hannah, I don't grow many flowers from seeds anymore frown , but when I worked at my friend's greenhouse the Petunias we planted reached maturity in about 3 months. thumbup They took anywhere from 7-21 days to germinate and the survival rate was very good, wink so we had plenty of hanging baskets and planters ready for Mother's Day. smile
Posted By: Hannah L--- Re: Planting Petunias - March 7th, 2007 at 11:49 PM
That's great to hear! Thanks
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Planting Petunias - March 8th, 2007 at 05:54 AM
You're welcome, Hannah! smile What color are you planting? Duh Actually, I had thought about trying to plant some Wave Petunia seeds this year, but I have so much on my plate right now, I didn't think it was such a good idea. frown Maybe next year! wink wink
Posted By: Hannah L--- Re: Planting Petunias - March 8th, 2007 at 09:12 PM
They are pink, and are called, I think, Laura Bush Petunias. I had some of the wave petunias last year and they were very nice.
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Planting Petunias - March 9th, 2007 at 12:15 AM
PINK!!! Duh I would love to know! luv
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: Planting Petunias - March 9th, 2007 at 01:03 AM
If you look at propagation subject - you will see that petunias germination/survival rate is too good! I had to clip out MANY little guys!
Posted By: Hannah L--- Re: Planting Petunias - March 10th, 2007 at 12:30 PM
They are called Pink Laura Bush Petunia and i got them from Wildseed Farms. This link should take you directly to them,

https://www.wildseedfarms.com/wildflowerSeeds/shopIndividualSpecies.html
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Planting Petunias - March 10th, 2007 at 07:09 PM
Thanks, Hannah! Duh
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]