A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: badplanter can i grow daffodils inside? - March 22nd, 2007 at 11:21 PM
wavey

I recieved a [one] daffodil bulb from a friend of my mom's today.. think I could put it in a pot and grow it inside? Duh

--Mark--
Posted By: weezie13 Re: can i grow daffodils inside? - March 22nd, 2007 at 11:32 PM
Could be..
They do force other bulbs like paper whites
and hyacinths and such...
So, why not??

I've never done them, but worth a try...
Posted By: kennyso Re: can i grow daffodils inside? - March 22nd, 2007 at 11:46 PM
During chinese new year, people will force these bulbs that look like mini daffidols, white petals and orangy center...they smell like jasmine! anyways, I'm pretty sure you can force it if you want the colour now, or you can just plant it in the ground and let it bloom on its own later. In a few years, you shoulod be getting a few more blooms, by then you can probably divide/split the bulblets that come off the main bulb!
Posted By: badplanter Re: can i grow daffodils inside? - March 23rd, 2007 at 01:28 AM
thumbup

I just want to add some color to my bedroom.. laugh laugh

thanks for the info thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: can i grow daffodils inside? - March 23rd, 2007 at 02:07 AM
paperwhites are daffodils aka narcissis. and can be "forced" indoors. the plants that kenny mentions are also in the same family. very nice flowers and one of my favorites!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]