A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Thornius Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - January 26th, 2007 at 11:06 PM
wavey
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - January 27th, 2007 at 05:54 AM
I don't have any more birdcam pictures Duh
Posted By: Thornius Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - January 27th, 2007 at 06:31 AM
I do. crit
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - January 27th, 2007 at 06:37 AM
Waiting to see you post 'em...

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: sibyl Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - January 28th, 2007 at 01:16 AM
laugh thumbup me too
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - January 29th, 2007 at 04:34 PM
Love to see them....please!!
Posted By: Thornius Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - January 29th, 2007 at 04:45 PM
Nothing going on at Jane's right now I JUST checked.
Posted By: Thornius Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - January 29th, 2007 at 10:47 PM
Nighty-night, Jane's birdies!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - January 30th, 2007 at 12:23 AM
nice shot clp
Posted By: Thornius Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - January 30th, 2007 at 01:54 AM
It was still broad daylight here when I took that picture, Jane.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - January 30th, 2007 at 12:42 PM
got me!
It's 7:40 am here and I just checked it. No birds, but good visual. I can see Mickey, but all else it quiet.
Posted By: Thornius Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 3rd, 2007 at 08:04 PM
More piccies from GonetotheBirds webcam! The first is a picture of Jane and her dog that I call a Chihuahua named Binky cuz I ain't sure of its breed or name.

JANE AND HER CHIHUAHUA, BINKY
[Linked Image]

The second is a picture of a common WINTERTIME feeder bird, a Dark-Eyed Junco. Note the black head, white belly, and salmon pink bill and legs. This is the famous, "Snowbird" of folklore and Anne Murray songs. They like to feed on the ground or on platforms like in the photo. They prefer millet, the classic Dime-store canary food. You folks on the West Coast of the U.S. and Canada have a sub-species of THIS bird, the Oregon race. This race has cinnamon brown on its back instead of gray; otherwise it is pretty much the same.

DARK-EYED JUNCO
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 3rd, 2007 at 08:58 PM
Hey Thorny wavey
That's Mickey, our 50lb chow mix. He's a big goof.

It's very cool you got a shot of this junco. He has been lumbering around all day. He is staying puffy and resting in odd places.
He is eating, but he has slow reaction times. He let me get very close to him. I think the cold is getting to him. I think this might be this little guys last photo opp!
Posted By: Thornius Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 3rd, 2007 at 09:41 PM
I had a 50 pound chow/germanshepherd mix named, "Beep" but he died.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 3rd, 2007 at 11:05 PM
Ahhhhh....he's so cute!!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 3rd, 2007 at 11:33 PM
nice pic of jane and micky wink

laugh junco is cute,
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 4th, 2007 at 12:53 AM
Thanks,
We think Mickey's other half might be shepard... we don't know, but he doesn't have a chow attitude.

we were trying to get another dog like Mickey and the resuce place we found one is a bunch of self rightious jerks... We found a one year old a lot like Mickey and they wouldn't give him to us :p We want Bernie!!!

Winter finally arrived here! Brrrrr!

I had less American goldfinch today ... I thought you had more on cold days... I hope they didn't freeze to death shk
Posted By: dodge Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 8th, 2007 at 01:18 AM
Let us see a close up of the doggie.

We like doggies too.

dodge thumbup
Posted By: sibyl Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 9th, 2007 at 06:16 PM
o-jane i know what ya mean! those recue places run you through the ringer! we went to get a rotti and i didnt mind them wanting to do a back-round check on us, but when they wanted to come to my house and inspect the place to their liking! that was too far! we ended up just buying from a breeder, less hassel.
Posted By: chenno Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 9th, 2007 at 09:25 PM
Jane your yard and birds,dog is awesome! would love to see more pics, did I miss them somewhere?
Posted By: dodge Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 9th, 2007 at 09:39 PM
chenno yes you missed lots.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 9th, 2007 at 09:40 PM
Chenno,
Hey you! I have posted lots of pictures. But, I can't find the next post on the thread I'm on...so you know I don't have a clue.

I am a woman possessed with my backyard buddies grinnnn
Posted By: dodge Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 9th, 2007 at 09:53 PM
i cant find them either.. I used to read them daily..

dodge
Posted By: Thornius Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 9th, 2007 at 10:25 PM
I'll have some pics I took of a Dark-Eyed Junco, later. It was at my feeders earlier and I got a Bunch of pics of it, but I'm on my son's laptop right now.
Posted By: chenno Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 9th, 2007 at 10:41 PM
Jane and dodge;-) I miss a ton of stuff...but would love to see...Will start looking;-)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 13th, 2007 at 02:26 PM
Snow Day!!!
The bird cam should get wild and crazy... it's the only place without snow.

Taking pictures of birds in the snow is like shooting ducks in a barrel. Simple and fun!
Like this lady here - [Linked Image]

And the birds act so differently when it snows. I snapped this shot of the goldfinch feeder - I had no idea the little guy on the bottom right was there! [Linked Image]
Only in the snow would a junco try that!

Gotta go.. got bird to watch!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 13th, 2007 at 02:29 PM
Great pictures, Jane!

It's so nice to see all the flutter in the snow, isn't it?
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 13th, 2007 at 02:34 PM
I LOVE those 2 pictures Jane!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 13th, 2007 at 02:40 PM
I am besides myself. There are more birds out there than I can count. It is remarkable! I'm memorized. I am also new too this though. Birds have a really tough time in even an inch of snow finding food - I didn't really know that. I don't have covered feeders!!! I got tto find places for food.

Ouch!! I threw a bunch of seed under the trampoline - no good for photos but they have to find food!

Oh crap a murder of crows just found the yard!!!
Gotta go again!
Posted By: Thornius Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 13th, 2007 at 03:43 PM
That picture of the Goldfinches is INCREDIBLE! I REALLY like the multi-colored perches.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 13th, 2007 at 04:17 PM
Brrrrrr!!! I watch the birds and take pictures from my bathroom window. Brrr!! It gets cold standing there.

It was not a murder of crows (I love saying that) it was a buncha red-windged blackbirds. As identified by their visible yellow stripe - go figure! The red is far smaller than the yellow.

Penny thanks so much. I have tons of pictures. It really is like shooting ducks in a barrell. The tree limbs outside the window are above the main table feeder. They all wait their turn there. Also, I bought the Sony cybershot and lens - they change everything.

Thorny - I love that feeder. I can take it apart and clean it easily and well, too. It's just what it looks like three plastic tubes and colorful dowels. It's was $18 at Bass Pro Shops. I am sure get another. It usually does not, however, photograph well.

I think I hit the 300 birds at once mark today!
Backyard lifelist - without a spring season counted yet I think we are at 33-34 kinds of birds
Posted By: Thornius Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 13th, 2007 at 04:32 PM
I am at about 40 Yardbirds at THIS house. Some of my more unusual ones are Great-Blue Heron, Canada Goose, and Ring-Billed Gulls. I count ANY bird that can be seen OR heard, while standing in my yard, as a yardbird.
Posted By: dodge Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 13th, 2007 at 06:35 PM
Thorn

is there a photo I cant see/
Posted By: Thornius Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 13th, 2007 at 06:45 PM
Go to Jane's webcam. If you can't see the picture, hit REFRESH (F5). You must have Internet Explorer to view her webcam. Here is the link to Jane's webcam:

Jane\'s Webcam
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 13th, 2007 at 07:25 PM
Those last 2 that you posted were incredible Jane and made even more so by the colorful feeder thumbup
Keep em' coming thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 13th, 2007 at 08:30 PM
ok

Now I see them.
Birds by the bushels.......

I had to download something to look at them.
You must have fun in that yard and window.
Thanks for sharing..
Posted By: dodge Re: Todays Pics from Jane's Birdcam Numero Dos - February 13th, 2007 at 08:31 PM
ok

Now I see them.
Birds by the bushels.......

I had to download something to look at them.
You must have fun in that yard and window.
Thanks for sharing..

cool

Jane Happy Valentines day..;o)
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]