A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: homeboundandlikeit Greenhouse temperatures? - February 28th, 2007 at 12:30 PM
Does anyone know what temps to keep my greenhouse (day and night}?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenhouse temperatures? - February 28th, 2007 at 12:35 PM
that is a good quesiton, but it would help if we knew where you were, and what you are growing in there.

that said, generally, 50-70 at night and 65-85 during the day.
Posted By: homeboundandlikeit Re: Greenhouse temperatures? - February 28th, 2007 at 12:43 PM
I am in zone 7a. I have just about everything started that I am going to plant.

Tomatoes, onion, beets, radish, peas, beans, squash, cantaloupe, cucumber, lettuce, peppers, okra, I think that is it.

I haven't got my seed potatoes yet...but I need to.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenhouse temperatures? - February 28th, 2007 at 06:06 PM
if you are in 7a, just make sure the house doesn't get above 85 day and below 50 night and you should be in good shape. if you can put a fan in the green house to start "hardening off" your plants, that would be better for them.
Posted By: Amigatec Re: Greenhouse temperatures? - March 1st, 2007 at 01:15 AM
My little greenhouse, runs about 20* warmer than the outside during the day. I have a little heater that keeps it above 40* at night, and I open the window a bit in the daytime.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Greenhouse temperatures? - March 1st, 2007 at 01:30 AM
Also, can we know what size your greenhouse is??
Just outta curiousity!!!
Posted By: homeboundandlikeit Re: Greenhouse temperatures? - March 1st, 2007 at 07:04 PM
It is very little. about 4X6 but has plenty of shelving on 3 sides. I have 175 plants started and have only used about a half of the space. This is my first year for this. I usually buy my plants. I wanted to give it a whirl from seed this year. Right now I am in the process of collecting gallon sized containers. I am too cheap to go out and buy them.

Kris
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Greenhouse temperatures? - March 1st, 2007 at 10:02 PM
Soft Plastic *with zipper opening* or a Polycarbonate *with slide door opeening* type style????

Each type of greenhouse has a different style of heating up and or keeping heat...

Although unreleased heat in either of them
can be the same effect!!!! mad shk lala
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Greenhouse temperatures? - March 3rd, 2007 at 01:37 PM
Got any pictures of your greenhouse??? grinnnn

And outta curiousity, where did you get yours???
Posted By: dodge Re: Greenhouse temperatures? - March 17th, 2007 at 12:57 AM
Once we get the full sun, that is the thing you have to watch in the tiny plants... It can burn them very easily .........

Indoors I have to draw the blinds when I leave on a sunny day......SO they dont burn....

The sun gets really hot in March and all summer.

thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]