A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: MaryReboakly more goodies - August 8th, 2005 at 02:31 AM
Went on a pic taking spree yesterday afternoon.

#1 This is an annual I bought at wally world, I think. All the info I got was annual, full sun!

[Linked Image]

#2 I can't get RID of these things. I've been calling them green briars, but they kinda look like blackberries to me. They pop up everywhere I don't want them, are on runners. They're nearly impossible to defeat. They have thorns.

[Linked Image]

#3 This is a tree we cut down but it sent out new branches from the stump. It's growing too close to the front steps and has to go no matter what it is, but if it's nice I might try rooting a branch wink

[Linked Image]

#4. Okay, Im hoping this isn't purslane again, and is actually the mexican petunia seedlings. Couldn't find it on theseedsite.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Think that's all for today! Thanks wink
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: more goodies - August 8th, 2005 at 03:51 AM
Mary - the first one looks like a begonia.

Don't know about the others... sorry.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: more goodies - August 8th, 2005 at 04:42 AM
The last one's are NOT purslane... that I can tell.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: more goodies - August 8th, 2005 at 07:29 AM
woohoo! May be mex petunias finally wink that would be great...but I'll try not to get my hopes up too high yet!

Ah begonia - okay, thanks! smile I figured it was something pretty common because I've seen it before, just never knew what to call it. Guess they didn't have the name on the tag cuz they figure everyone knows what it is (except me :p laugh )

#2 & #3 are kinda hard ones, I know...not the greatest pics either. I almost want to let #2 flower so I can see what it is - may as well, it's not like I'm defeating them by cutting them down when they're short (can't even pull em - they just break at the taproot and send up a bunch more!) <sigh>

Thanks! wink
Posted By: weezie13 Re: more goodies - August 8th, 2005 at 09:55 AM
Didn't G~mom grow those???
She might know how they look from seed?????
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: more goodies - August 8th, 2005 at 10:02 AM
Dunno? Duh Did she? hmmmm...oh GeeeeeeeeeeMoooooooooooooooom laugh

I'll have to give her a jingle. Thanks Weezie! wink
Posted By: RugbyHukr Re: more goodies - August 9th, 2005 at 09:27 AM
#2 looks like a 'bramble'; blackberry or multiflora rose.

#3 looks like an elm tree.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: more goodies - August 9th, 2005 at 09:54 AM
Yeah, I was going to ask for a side view
of that one you labeled "Bramble" too...

Can we see the side view?
Stem?
Are there any thorns???
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: more goodies - August 9th, 2005 at 11:56 AM
Thanks - I was thinking it was a blackberry - just wish I could get it to come up kinda *not* in the middle of the front yard yaknow? geesh. Anywho, yep, I'll get better pictures of it, or I'll try anyway! Oh, and YES lots & lots & lots of thorns! LOTS! ouchie!

Well, as nice as elm trees are, I dont think I can keep this one by the front steps. Thanks for the help! I'll be back with more pics of my bramble asap
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]