A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Annell Please help identify this plant - July 6th, 2006 at 04:38 AM
I posted it earlier with another picture. On another board, someone suggested it being a gooseberry vine. I have no idea as to what it is. Can anyone please help?
wavey
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: Please help identify this plant - July 6th, 2006 at 08:26 AM
I don't have a clue but it sure is pretty and healthy looking. smile What did the blooms look like? I've Googled for Gooseberry Vine and Texas vines and didn't hit on anything like yours.
Posted By: Annell Re: Please help identify this plant - July 6th, 2006 at 08:54 AM
I don't remember what the flowers looked like, in fact I did not pay much attention to the vine until my husband discovered the fruit on it. I was hoping someone would tell me. If it were gooseberries, I was going to try to get a recipe for jelly or pie. I don't think I will be trying to eat it if I don't know what it is tho.lol
Thank you anyway for trying to help.
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: Please help identify this plant - July 6th, 2006 at 11:11 AM
Try this one, Karen... Cornell University . It's for Ribes hirtellum, American Gooseberry. The third from left thumbnail foliage looks like your pictures. grinnnn
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Please help identify this plant - July 6th, 2006 at 12:44 PM
I though there were only gooseberry bushes. Learn something new....
Posted By: dodge Re: Please help identify this plant - July 6th, 2006 at 02:20 PM
Gooseberrys are round .......That isnt..
Dont't eat of them , till you know.

Leaves are shaped like a grapevine leaf.. Maybe wild grapes???????

dodge
Posted By: badplanter Re: Please help identify this plant - July 6th, 2006 at 04:49 PM
grapes???? Blueberry possibly? it looks like some type of vine or bush...and i don't thnk its gooseberry, grape and bluberry ids all i can think of--seee what the berries look like in 2 weeks or so--by then you should no
Posted By: Annell Re: Please help identify this plant - July 6th, 2006 at 05:33 PM
I will keep you guys posted when the fruit gets ripe, I will take a picture. In the meantime, I think I will call the local extension agent if I can find the number and take a piece of it to him. I just thought about that. Thank all of you for your ideas.
Posted By: dodge Re: Please help identify this plant - July 7th, 2006 at 12:29 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hope he had a good day..

clp
dodge
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Please help identify this plant - July 7th, 2006 at 06:15 AM
Whatttttt about some kind of Kiwi?????
and those fruits need to get bigger???

Very curious???
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Please help identify this plant - July 7th, 2006 at 06:16 AM
(the more I look at it,
and I am joking about this,
but it looks like the grapes in
the canned Fruit Cocktail you give to kids..) wink
Posted By: RugbyHukr Re: Please help identify this plant - July 7th, 2006 at 01:49 PM
maybe Cucurbitaceae family
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]