A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: MAgardener Fab mystery plant, please help identify - August 14th, 2006 at 10:20 AM
Good afternoon...my grandchildren gave me an unusual cutting of a big bush/plant from their trip to Santa's Village in NH. It looks like a willow, but is a big, cascading bush with green to green/white to white to pink flowers. Does anyone have any clue as to what it is? I don't have a picture, just the cuttings that I am trying to force. Many thanks.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fab mystery plant, please help identify - August 14th, 2006 at 11:50 AM
Welcome to the forums, I'm no expert on identifying plants but I'm sure someone will come along soon. People (I might not be, but...) are extremely helpful here!
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: Fab mystery plant, please help identify - August 14th, 2006 at 12:15 PM
Welcome to the forum...you'll love it here. wink

From your description, possibly a Spirea or Weigela??? Could you post a photograph for a more definite ID?

Weigela pix

Spirea pix
Posted By: netty Re: Fab mystery plant, please help identify - August 14th, 2006 at 12:23 PM
Dappled Willow Duh
Posted By: Squirrel Re: Fab mystery plant, please help identify - August 14th, 2006 at 01:50 PM
I was thinking Dappled Willow also. Except they don't get flowers. The end leaves are pink. Sue
Posted By: MAgardener Re: Fab mystery plant, please help identify - August 18th, 2006 at 09:41 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! It is indeed a Dappled Willow. I am so happy I turned to you.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]