A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: alankhart Lupine 'Morello Cherry' - January 6th, 2007 at 01:12 AM
Has anyone tried growing it from seed? According to what I've read it's supposed to bloom the first year and be more heat tolerant than other lupines. I haven't had much success with lupines because of our hot, humid summers and I was hoping this would be one I could grow. Is it a true perennial or biennial?
Posted By: nmlAlba-dC15 Re: Lupine 'Morello Cherry' - January 6th, 2007 at 09:28 AM
Hi alan...

of course i've never tried 'em... but i have tried some lupine before... they grow healthy but did not produce any flowers... bought da seeds from a local store.. do lupines need da cold to flower? Would really love to see some in my garden... have seen a lot of small but Lupine-like plants growing wild here...but da flowers r certainly not like da lupines i see on da net...they r small n rather insignificant...they r yellow...wonder if u know what they r...
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Lupine 'Morello Cherry' - January 6th, 2007 at 09:39 AM
on the net it says they're perennials.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Lupine 'Morello Cherry' - January 6th, 2007 at 09:18 PM
I've tried Lupines a couple of times from seeds they got about 6" high and the heat here stopped them from growing any futher,, I really like them but really don't know if they can be grown here successfully Duh the package of seeds said they were perennials.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]