A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous Armstrong mystery #16 ~ Lagerstroemia "crepe myrtle shrub" - October 29th, 2006 at 10:44 PM
[Linked Image]

the blooms on this plant remind me of crepe myrtle, but that is where the similarity ends. this is a hedgy shrub, and the trunks are nothing like the crepe myrtles i know.
Jiffy...I just looked through all your pics and I don't know any of them. nutz Some garden helper I am. laugh
Originally posted by Jiffymouse:

the blooms on this plant remind me of crepe myrtle, but that is where the similarity ends. this is a hedgy shrub, and the trunks are nothing like the crepe myrtles i know.
Yeah, this sure does look like Lagerstroemia
maybe it's not the Lagerstroemia indica/Crepe Myrtle that we most often grow,
but another member of the family?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Armstrong mystery #16 ~ Lagerstroemia "crepe myrtle shrub" - October 30th, 2006 at 06:03 AM
that's what i'm thinking zuzu. if it weren't in such a different growth habit, i'd have called it crepe myrtle without hesitation. i'll have to keep researching it, and if you find anything, let me know!

christina, i wouldn't expect you to know most of these since you are so far north! now, just don't ask me to identify a crocus or sugar maple shocked laugh laugh
now, just don't ask me to identify a crocus or sugar maple
K..don't ask me either. nutz laugh
Posted By: sibyl Re: Armstrong mystery #16 ~ Lagerstroemia "crepe myrtle shrub" - October 30th, 2006 at 11:35 PM
what about a evergreen azalea
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]