A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Tonya My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - February 12th, 2007 at 07:14 PM
I posted a pic of this plant in "Mysteries" and ZuZu identified it as a Ghost Plant (Graptopetalum Paraguayense). I knew it had a stalk growing, but figured that being pulled out of it's pot and new place and all that it would die and I would have to wait. NOT!! Almost overnight the stalk grew to twice what it had been and within a couple days look what I saw!!

[Linked Image]

clp clp It is nice to see something blooming with the weather so cold!
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - February 12th, 2007 at 07:24 PM
How cool is that!!!! You have a lot more buds going to open soon too!! Great looking Tonya!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - February 12th, 2007 at 07:27 PM
cool!!
Posted By: plantqueen Re: My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - February 12th, 2007 at 10:00 PM
That is very pretty Tonya! thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - February 12th, 2007 at 10:25 PM
That is so pretty! Very nice Tonya!
Posted By: Linny Re: My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - February 12th, 2007 at 11:42 PM
All this after you jerked it up and all. Very cool Tonya. Sometimes our plants are determined to do what they were born to do even in spite of us! Nice. Thanks for the pic.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - February 13th, 2007 at 12:07 AM
flw flw flw
Awesome flower there Tonya!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - February 13th, 2007 at 12:26 AM
WOW Oh WOW TOnya!!!! That is awesome!! The flowers are sweeeeeet!!!!! you go Girl!!!
Posted By: comfrey Re: My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - February 13th, 2007 at 01:36 AM
Very cool Tonya!!! Isn't it exciting when something blooms that we are not expecting???
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - February 13th, 2007 at 01:38 AM
Ooo, I love it Tonya---of course I just had to come in here and see what a Ghost Plant looked like....I had visions of the Pacman ghosts growing on stalks. laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Tonya Re: My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - February 13th, 2007 at 12:51 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh @Loz!

It really was a pleasant surprise!!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - February 13th, 2007 at 01:18 PM
That's so exciting Tonya!
It must be very happy in the spot you have it in!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - February 13th, 2007 at 02:03 PM
How pretty is that....i love it Tonya!!!
Posted By: datazmom Re: My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - March 6th, 2007 at 11:03 PM
Very nice looking plant .
Posted By: Tonya Re: My Ghost plant is BLOOMING!! - March 7th, 2007 at 02:47 PM
Love the signature line! laugh laugh How true!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]